Thread: AIM 6.0 Bug?

AIM 6.0 Bug?

Is anybody aware of an AIM 6.0 bug that allows you to kick users off chat rooms?

I frequent a chat on AIM with a couple of friends, and somebody keeps kicking everybody out and filling the chat up so nobody re-enters. I've never been in the chat when it happens, my friend however says it only happens to him on 6.0, unaffected on 5.9 (I use 5.9 so I probably wouldn't be kicked either).

I figured it'd be a script kiddie but Google gave me ditto. Apparently what happens is that a bunch of people join the chat (to fill up the chat presumably), the next part I'm not 100% sure of as one person tells me it happens the next didn't mention it did happen, they get a bunch of "Character could not be found" error messages. Which would make sense but I'm pretty sure they would have fixed that bug after 5.5 (ish).

Thoughts/ideas?

Btw I'm not looking for any program to perform this, just curious on the bug to see if there is anyway of preventing it before simply changing the name of the chat room. (Because as a Computer Science major that sounds way too simple )
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

I am not sure, but I know they fixed the JS execution server side. I have not heard anything about the chat rooms though.