Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Find IP of friend using Yahoo Messenger

Hybrid View

Find IP of friend using Yahoo Messenger

Chatrooms versus irc channels

Chatrooms are like singles bars...people looking for companionship gather in an area to mingle
    IRC channels are like cb radios...as long as you have a cb you can chat with whoever is also using a cb as long as you are both on the same channel

When you use IRC...it is easy to find an ip...when you use a messenger program...you can find an ip...most likely the one of the server hosting the chatroom...not your friend's ip...

To find your friend's ip using Yahoo Messenger...initiate a conversation with your friend...open a command prompt...run netstat -a >> somefile.txt (precede somefile.txt with a location you'll remember

While netstat is running ... initiate a IMViroment and wait awhile...when you're ready (don't wait too long) stop netstat and open the textfile that was created. Search through the output until you see your friend's ip...if you're a geek you'll have no problem determining which is the ip you are looking for...when you open IMViroment...it makes a peer-to-peer connection with your friend...bypassing yahoo's server and showing your friends ip...of course this all depends on their computer prowess and their isp...no real reason to do this other than boredom however....

Hope someone finds this helpful or something

If it is a friend or mine using Yahoo, and I want his/her IP, I just ask them.

Then I'll probably scan them, tell them which ports are open/blocked and other information, like which proxies they should use, and how to configure their router/firewall/iptables for better security.
    Computers do not have problems, they have users.
    ~Cope57

Hey, tripstone,

Would that improve performance? If so, why?

I personally turn everything off when not in use......... errrr yes I am cheap, but gas over here is nine bucks a gallon!!!!! and the other energy crap isn't that far behind

Yes $9.0 USD

RE: Gass Prices

I already knew how much gas is in some other countries...that's why I laugh at us Americans for fretting over $3.70 a gallon....I, myself, walk to work everyday -50F(-45C) --> 100+F(37+C), why pay for so much gas? I wonder, on average, how far do most people commute to work? If its ten miles or less, learn to ride a bike...or carpool.

Yup, just like the ip of this site is:

[63.146.109.212]

And the domain used is:

ns1.internet.com

"This is Simple" :Yes it Is

Banned
    Yes $9.0 USD
    Actually it would be closer to ten.
    I, myself, walk to work everyday
    Most of us probably don't own and operate lemonade stands.

I also walk to work every day... it's the room on the left before the bedroom... but I still have to drive a great deal. Some people don't live in bicycle friendly areas or have the physical ability to do it, so I am not sure anyone can be telling others what they should be doing. When I used to do a lot of IRCing, most of us connected by proxies, public shells or wingates to prevent people from seeing their actual IP address. Not sure how common that is now. I get on infrequently and don't worry about it any more as I don't hang out in the same places I used to.

Gas is down to 3.73 today. It hit 3.95 a few days ago. But no fears, I am sure it is only temporary. I heard on the radio that some want to add a carbon tax to get the prices up where they belong... ahh, the brain trust in DC at work.
    Only trust Pipe-smoking Penguins.

I didn't mean to make it sound like I think everyone should walk, I guess it is worded that way and I apologize. I don't live in a particularly pedestrian friendly town, but I am working on it. It would be nice for a city to have places ready for alternative transportation (alternative to normal cars) such as mopeds, motorized wheelchairs, electric go-karts, golf-carts, etc. Wider sidewalks, narrower streets and attention paid to pedestrians would be a step in the right direction (at least what I believe should be the right direction). Everything that happens in this world is a result of our choices. Americans mad at Bush and his administration should remember who voted him in, us. Who keeps paying for gas no matter how high the price gets and then excuses this by mentioning that there is nothing we can do, us. Who fight each other based on religious differences, us. Who allow corrupt individuals to gain and keep power only to use that power to subject people to harsh conditions, us. We are to blame for any nasty thing we as humans do to each other. We could stand up and fight but we have become too complacent. We tell ourselves we can't stand up to these people because they have too much power behind them. We are the ones with the true power but we are relinquishing that power to people who apparently don't have any empathy. Do you think a majority of people in power have any clue as how to live in a poor society? I would venture to say not. How can those people govern the poor when they believe that poverty is a problem of the poor that the people in power don't need or want to deal with. Sorry about the long diatribe, but it did start with rising fuel costs and ended with something completely different. Anyways, hope this encourages further conversation.

tripstone - Well put. I agree completely.

good informations
    mu5t_d13