Thread: connecting to PC using IP address??

connecting to PC using IP address??

How do I break into a computer once I have the IP address? I am a tech. doing pc repair, and web design, I want to add network consultant to my services. I know how to find/ crack network securities and get into the network, but once I'm in and have the ip's of the computers. How do I get into the PC's. I realize it's illegal, but my purpose is for use as a consultant. I am a legite owner, and my clients would be signing off, allowing me into their systems.
    Edit by admin: no contact info permitted on the forum, thank you thank you for your help.

OK my friend, I shall edit your post, as I suspect that you might actually be genuine

How do I access a computer once I have the IP address? I am a tech. doing pc repair, and web design, I want to add network consultancy to my services. I know how to find/ circumvent network securities, and get into the network, but once I'm in, and have the IP's of the computers. How do I get into the PC's? I realize it's illegal without proper authorisation, but my purpose is for use as a consultant. I am a legitimate owner, and my clients would be signing off a legally binding authorisation, allowing me into their systems. To keep others from seeing please reply to:
    thank you for your help.
    My edits are in RED

First move? Google "penetration testing"

Secondly, once you are in the network, why are you interested in individual PCs? All you will find there is Micro$haft software and my personal pr0n collection. Fancy your chances with AES512 encryption?.............. and it is really cool pr0n

Just Another Geek
    Quote Originally Posted by webixpc
    I want to add network consultant to my services.
    Learn how networks work.. Get certified, preferably Cisco..
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Watch your language. If you're doing legit work for clients, then you're
    not "breaking into their systems". It's called "remote access". And it's
    not illegal when done with permission. In fact, most OS's make it easy.
    MS's built in apps for remote access are RDC (remote desktop connection)
    and Netmeeting. There's a slew of 3rd-party apps like VNC and Remote
    Administrator, too.

You're not going to get any work advertising you break into folks' systems.
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

ok, sorry for all the confusion. It's not my intention to try to sell or advertise here. I just wanted to explain what I wanted to do the easiest way possible, so please excuse my terminology and wording. Second, my goal is to show customers vulnerbility, networks-easy. But why would they be concerned about someone getting into their network, if I can't show them what happens then? that's where I need help. I have everything needed to access networks and software to physically access pc's, but I need to show it remotely to have it do any good for the purpose of network weaknesses. Your help and feedback is appreciated. thanks.

I think that you need to do a lot more study on network architecture and the principles of network security. Once you access a network you go after the server(s) not the connected PCs. If anything, the connected PCs and their users are your way in.

In a networked environment the desktops should not contain anything of importance. Everything should be on the servers to allow centralised, shared, access and backup.

But why would they be concerned about someone getting into their network
    In all civilised parts of the World, the law requires that personal data are protected. Check your local regulations. Otherwise format c:\ may be relied upon as a wakeup call

To be honest with you; you are wasting your time if your customers don't even understand why they should secure their systems. What they need is a pencil a pad and an abacus.

EDIT:

The way people make money in this area is by examining and testing a customer's existing security arrangements. If there are none, you really don't have a customer.
    Last edited by nihil; May 26th, 2008 at 11:21 PM.

thank you for your input, I appreciate it. to be honest, you're probably a little beyond me. I was thinking on a smaller scale. I was just playing on the computer, and found it disturbing how easy it was to get into "secured" wireless networks, so rather than use that negatively I would use it for good and help to make them more secure. I may be in a little over my head here, thanks, I'll probably stick to setting up networks, and computer repair for now.
    I couldn't agree with you more, "if you cannot do someone any good, don't do them any harm"
    thank you all for your help.

ummm, one more thing, how do I mark this resolved and/or remove it?
    Or do I?

you don't, introduce yourself to the forums. a better first post in my opinion.
    ...:::Pure Kn0wledge:::...