Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extending wi-fi range

About Wi-Fi. I heard from people it was causing problems, like itchy eyes, running nose, etc..

And I figured, well. I guess that's true since usually you are in a cafe, or library, or another large network area -- And that is a ton of heat in one single area, fans or not.

But, I heard something like they would stop Wi-Fi connections which will make businesses lose alot of customers.

Also, it's my first post in along while.. I'm currently trying to get my degree in Computer Science. Two years up so far, two more to go. I hope.

Hi Heart Xlr8r,

I heard from people it was causing problems, like itchy eyes, running nose, etc..
    Yes, just what I get from my pollen allergy. The big question would be: do they get it 24/7/365?

Then the question.......... why is it on so long?

I would like to know if people who do not have computers or cellphones suffer the same in the same neighborhood?

I've got no idea, I don't even know if i've got any allergies.. I've tried to find ones that link me to the ones my family has, and nothing.

Would really suck if Wi-Fi was discarded, what about the poor students in college that cant speak to their families? Or, what about the hapless chap still living in his parents basement, Ok that's rare but still. What if he wants to get on the internet? And the only router his parents have only allows ethernet plugin.

Even then, with the plugin isn't LAN or WLAN supported by the Wi-Fi?

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    WHat is this about wi-fi being discarded, did I miss something?
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Hmmmm,

My basic view on this is that there is a big difference between coincidence and causality.

I remember back in highschool math doing a statistical test on the number of teachers and the incidence of mental ilness............... it was a perfect fit!

Now, this did not lead to the conclusion that teachers are mad (a coincidence)........... the common denominator was the increase in population.

I am prepared to believe that some people are hypersensitive, but I would expect that to be a minute number. I wonder if it is something else?

You mentioned:

And I figured, well. I guess that's true since usually you are in a cafe, or library, or another large network area -- And that is a ton of heat in one single area, fans or not
    Which got me thinking........... what about the air conditioning? We have all heard of Legionnaire's disease and sick building syndrome, and they were around long before WiFi. Another thing to look at would be neon lighting?

The human mind is a wonderful mechanism. If you convince yourself that something will make you ill, then it will?

My real question would be that given all the Luddites and whistle blowers out there; how come nobody has come up with any scientific proof?

Also, how come these people don't have problems with TV and radio?

You are exactly right on Nihil. Every time I go into my local Barnes & Noble, after a few hours, my nose runs and I start getting a bit of a headache. They have WiFi there. Why would I pick that to blame? I had the same symptoms before they got WiFi. But if some new person starts going in there after reading that article and has my symptoms, they will likely be dead certain of the cause.
    Only trust Pipe-smoking Penguins.

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nihil
    Yeah,

Don't put stuff on subwoofers. They also emit low frequency vibrations which might mess up the dry (cold) joints.
    Bloody dry joints...

I'd been changing the batteries like nobody's business on the TV remote only to eventually track the problem down to a dry joint. Pity I can't find my soldering iron anywhere.

Still, a bit of brute force & ignorance has cured the problem.

Steve
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nihil
    The human mind is a wonderful mechanism. If you convince yourself that something will make you ill, then it will?
    In my latest role (yeah I know things keep on moving on!!) I've inherited responsibility for Air Con setting - You wouldn't believe the who-ha this is..

Anyway, one perpetual complainant has had their symptoms (cold all the time) cured.

By placing a thermometer on their desk and now they can see the temperature is reasonable all day long they're not cold any more.

QED.

Regards,

Steve
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

Wrap some aluminum foil around the antenna. Creating something like a long (vertical) cigar.

Enjoy.
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD