Thread: backtrack2

Exclamation backtrack2

trying to dual boot bt2.....in order to partition my hard drive i open the shell and type mount and that works fine but when i do the unmount command it says that its not recognized (....unmount /mnt/sda1....) thats is what it says my hard drive mount is is sda1 and i have tried hda1 and it still says not recognized wtf am i doing wrong............much thx to any one who can figure this out..........

I am using BT2 for a while now, but i find it lacking and inconsistent at times...
    Can you suggest a newer/better alternative? Apparently BT3 is in planning, but i fear it's abandoned

Try umount, not uNmount.
    I\'m Doc, fear me because..........well I don\'t know, but fear me anyway.

Custom User
    Haha, that one confused me for a while when I just started using *nix systems. They have a tendency of shortening commands in weird ways.

ac

Haha, I can attest to that also-- unmount, UNMOUNT! Oh yeah...umount
    That has to be one of the most annoying commands ever! I think I always forget that one
    "...to give correctly is to give them what they need from us, for it would not be skillful to bring gifts to anyone that are in no way needed."
    --Socrates

*Einstein Would Be Proud*

yeah i got that after a while lol makes u feel like a tard but then you realize that the creator is a tard, thx guys!!!!!!!!!!