Hey Guys,

It's been Long time.. .. I have a windows 2003 server (Ent edition) with 7500 computers in it.. There is one single OU for local branch computers with one computer from all branches going to a different OU (252 total).

We use Ghost for hard-disk replication and installation. Our image is updated once a year (dont ask).. All of a sudden from last 2 weeks every machine that is ghosted and added back into the domain gives NTLDR missing problem. After few boot's all files in root folder (Esp. EXE files) are deleted and even files from %program files% folder start getting deleted (only EXE)..

We have scanned all our controllers (5 in total) for any malware and have found nothing, we have a trend team with us 24x7 who have also found nothing (i don't trust trend any more though), I have scanned all the controllers with online scanners and still nothing.

As of now all ghosting is stopped. But I know this is not the solution. I have ghosted machines in the lab and not added them into the domain and they work perfectly. No issue's at all. I am currently doing more testing. I have planned to add newly ghosted machines into OU created for administrator machines at the branch to isolate the "normal machine" OU as the cause.

Till then if anyone can help I would really appreciate it.