Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KB951376?

I would suggest using MS Update on a single machine and finding what order MS wants to install them in. Given that some updates require a reboot then you may have to run this several times to get them all.

You can then build a slipstreamed image to incorporate them.

I would consider applying SP3 as this is mostly cumulative updates and will naturally get them in the right order.

Yes, I'd thought about slipstreaming the updates. I've avoided SP3 so far as I've seen several posts about it breaking the XP installation.

Hi Ignatius,

I haven't come across or heard of any problems around here yet. Mine worked just fine.

I know there was an issue with that MS small business retail management system stuff, but apart from that I would suspect a lot of problems have come from applying the SP to a system that was already unstable?

Some Updates will not install if the required earlier patchor SP is not already installed
    .. that is those that are to be install in a specific order .. clues may be found in some of the log files.. not all.. this is winbloze after all..
    XP SP3 on a clean install is Good.. on a well worn system.. oh feck

Not too impressed with Vista SP1.. been getting way to many "Driver" issues
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Quote Originally Posted by Und3ertak3r
    XP SP3 on a clean install is Good.. on a well worn system.. oh feck
    Thank you. My XP installation is about 3 years old and, so far, seems to be behaving so I'll wait until I reinstall to apply SP3.

Hey All,

Let me see if I can provide some clarification on this..

Microsoft released MS08-030 on patch tuesday... There were two patches, one for XP and one for Vista. The Vista patch successfully patched the issue, however the XP patch did not. They had to modify the patch, so it was re-released.

If you have both registry keys this is simply because you installed the initial version and then installed v2 of the patch. If you only have the original registry key, you need to install v2 and are currently vulnerable. If you have only v2, then you didn't install the original patch and it doesn't matter because it doesn't do anything anyways, so you're fine .