Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Copying DRM Protected DVD

this is the perfect software i use this one to make copy to speak the fact "back up in precaution of lossing the original"

it does not actually creates a ISO file but it copies the audio_ts and video_ts files which you can later write the DVD / CD of it
    Question is not "Why are you Online"
    Question is "Why are you Off line"

Hmmmm,

Never found one I couldn't copy yet............ and I have tried

KK: In answer to your question, It was an old form of DRM (Digital Rights Management) that had some code at the beginning that loaded onto your machine. You could blank it out with a black felt tip pen, or maybe with nail varnish?

[I have lots of nail varnish, and am waiting for JPNyc to send me some matching fishnet stockings and PVC waders............. If you are a fisherman and go to rocky/gravelly streams you will know that your floats and lures get damaged?.............. nail varnish repairs them)

The toothpaste trick might be a misunderstanding?........ I have used that to treat the surface of scratched media........... remember that the actual data are stored under the back of the CD/DVD and that the rest is just clear plastic. OK you use a mild abrasive (toothpaste) to get rid of the prismatic interference by gently scouring the clear plastic side of the disk, and then it will be "read" as an even signal. I do not think that this would erase a DRM string, and I certaily would not use it as a blocker as it would foul up your drive?

Comments anyone?

Copy protection bypass can be done basically:
    - a 1:1 ISO image - some programs can go to the "physical" level and copy the bit string level - including the ability to bypass "forged" physical errors. e.g CLONEDVD, ALCOHOOL 120. This image can be used on a virtual drive or to make a new DVD. Video/Audio dvd are usually produced by this way.
    Some programs also has the ability to change the region (to region 0) and remove other protections to make a "clean" copy (without protection)
    - A crack program - they modify the program binary that checks the protection to:
    a) bypass the check or
    b) provide fake information the make the protection program believe that is a valid media

This kind of "method" is usually applied on Games and software in general.

The aboves methods "evolve" with the protection - so a method to break a protection made 2 years ago may not work on currently protections.

take a look here:
    http://www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware...tections.shtml

beware that some sites/cracks/copiers are virus carriers
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

I thought they had gotten rid of fair use or perhaps they were just working on it. I know according to the RIAA you aren't aloud to make back up copies of your digital music. So I've ready anyway.
    Only trust Pipe-smoking Penguins.

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    Nihil,

For scratched cds or dvds try a product called the skip doctor or dr dvd, I have no idea what it would be called on your side of the "pond".

Its a really cool device, its a buffing wheel that polishes the surface of the media. It hasn't let me down yet.

A lot of video rental stores will polish your disks for a small fee.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

Hi there ddddc,

I have bought a few of those for my pub/hotel customers. No particular brand name over here but it is the same thing............ a very fine grit carborundum wheel. Works a treat, and is a more "scientific" than the old toothpaste trick.

I thought they had gotten rid of fair use or perhaps they were just working on it. I know according to the RIAA you aren't aloud to make back up copies of your digital music.
    Over here you are....... that's why it says "do not make illegal copies of this disk"

I do not make copies of stuff I do not own, or am asked by the owner, and I do not distribute.