Thread: Hp 2605

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar

Hp 2605

Hey all

I have the above printer here at work.

Now when you print from Vista and Xp(sometimes) the color will jsut print red with pictures. So all pictures will be red.

I looked on the Hp forums and it seems that the magenta is the lowest position cartridge and the dust collected on that causes this.

It only happens when the cartridge is low.

Am i correct in thinking that when you replace a new cartridge it is dust free so it prints correctly. After dust collecting it then prints redish on all pictures?

Get Hp to coem clean the printer?

EDIT

From an XP workstation it works. Hmmm. I have installed latest drivers. Any1 know what the problem could be?

How can it be a dust issue if it works in XP?
    Last edited by Cider; June 24th, 2008 at 11:53 AM.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Have you tried printing from several different sources? Browsers, Word Processors, PDFs etc? I did a google search, and saw where some people were having this problem but it was limited to PDF files. [or maybe Adobe specifically] ...

Just a couple of thoughts...
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

I agree, I don't see this being a problem with your OS, but the source of the picture itself...

find a control where it prints perfectly under perfect conditions and then test your 3 suspects (OS, source, ink cartridge/dust) against it.

Hmm I dont know hey. This has been going on with Vista for a month. Well I cant really print manuals or anythign with pics in because they come out red .... and im running vista. I can print from my virtual XP machine fine.

It happens if its a pdf, word doc, whatever it does it on Vista.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Hi Cider,

Have you installed Vista SP1? I have heard that there might be some driver issues with that.

Hey Nihil - Yeah Sp1 is installed.

Crazy stuff.
    Albert Einstein

Hi Cider,

Try here and see if there is a newer driver. There are three different models of that printer and 32 & 64 bit versions so be sure to get the right one.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=1140730&taskId=135&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=1140727〈=en&cc=us&I1.y=3&I1.x=11

Also try looking in your Postscript settings. There might be one about bacground colour.............. if there is, change it