Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Has AO gone downhill?

Has AO gone downhill?

There are those "senior members" () who would try to tell you that AO has deteriorated since JP left, and all the usually related BS.

I just happened across this, and can tell you that it is typical of that era:

http://antionline.com/showthread.php?t=228721

Just go through the whole thread, be in awe of the professionalism and security content........... and the rest of the whingers bollix............

All I can suggest is that at that moment in time AO had reached rock bottom and started to dig?

There are many, many, similar examples

In fact, well, in my opinion............. which is better than fact (isn't it? ) AO has improved considerably over the years.

And before you ask, no, I don't get paid to post here............... hell they don't even pay for the envelopes and the typewriter ribbons.......... not even for the corn for my damn carrier pigeons

Only 6 years ago folks................... the World, the internet and AO have moved on?

LOL point taken!

...wow...

I agree, the internet as a whole has really progressed since then -- maybe it's just a matter of the wargames gen grown up
    Last edited by C:\Saw; July 2nd, 2008 at 01:32 AM.
    "...to give correctly is to give them what they need from us, for it would not be skillful to bring gifts to anyone that are in no way needed."
    --Socrates

*Einstein Would Be Proud*

Old age has turned me senile, i'm still trying to work what this thread is meant to be about.

Absolutely not

You're killing me here, Nihil, but I'll speak to that.

Here's the overall speech...we were learning. We learned, and we understand all of it now. Notice the lack of "script kiddie" type questions vs. the real questions concerning Oh, I don't know...Security and information then, vs. now. Which is more prevalent...the responsible user or the arrogant misuser? AO has evolved if nothing else, IMO. To hell with JP and his arrogance and misuse of a forum that he himself created. Yay, JupiterMedia...it was fine the way it was...too bad the founder souled himself out.

"entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    Im confused :/

Must be a southern hemisphere thing as teabag is also confused!
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by nihil
    There are those "senior members" () who would try to tell you that AO has deteriorated since JP left, and all the usually related BS.

I just happened across this, and can tell you that it is typical of that era:

http://antionline.com/showthread.php?t=228721

Just go through the whole thread, be in awe of the professionalism and security content........... and the rest of the whingers bollix............

All I can suggest is that at that moment in time AO had reached rock bottom and started to dig?

There are many, many, similar examples

In fact, well, in my opinion............. which is better than fact (isn't it? ) AO has improved considerably over the years.

And before you ask, no, I don't get paid to post here............... hell they don't even pay for the envelopes and the typewriter ribbons.......... not even for the corn for my damn carrier pigeons

Only 6 years ago folks................... the World, the internet and AO have moved on?
    I really don't understand the point of this thread..

YES the Flamming was part of the entertainment in those days.. but many more threads were OPs in their corners doing things.. not wasting space justifying how good things are now..

Biggest problem Then and Now on AO and other sites is the people who do bother to reply to posts Don't bother trying to understand where the OP is coming from..
    AND WORSE.. Many do not even bother reading the post.. first 5 and last5 words.. and ASSUME what is being said and reply accordingly..

Oh and woe behold any one that detracts in a thread when the flames start.. THEN AND NOW..

Well AO has improved.. The flames have become higher class.. the words are more complex, the insults more befitting seasoned orators..
    Well the flames of old are gone..

The example given wasn't the digging days.. Dig up some of the..
    I am pissed With AO and will never come back here again you c's
    and Suicide Threads . those were the low and digging threads
    Even the
    AO is the pits and it's all XXXXXX's fault
    Oh and the
    Woe is me..JP is Gone ... my mummy is crying
    or should that be daddy?
    AO is suffering internet apathy.. more (l)users than Techno types..

The fun days when (who the hell was it) some one posted a screen shot of their desktop.. asking for help for the funny image he was looking at..
    So funny.. programmer.. never thought that he may have had a lose video cable or Vid card.. who cares what it was....
    YEh.. Red faced.. but **** happens and how many thought twice when they encountered a display issue after that.. yeh and checked the hardware first..

Stupid example.. NO.. people learnt from others mistakes.. .. thats what AO did.. and when you saw an idiot getting burnt for asking a stupid question.. IF THEY EVER came back they sure as hell didn't act so stupid the next time..

The joke of my height here was getting so many AP's (sorry what are they now.. KARMA's) for a wipe your arse before flushing tutorial.. what was it.. Help US Help You, and the other .. hmm .. RTFM.. or some thing like that..

What I no longer enjoy.. and it has never changed.. the one opinion.. If a senior says something everyone agrees.. a Noob gets shot down..
    only difference.. now its Admins ruling the roost.. (This is only my opinion..or what my perspective on what I am seeing.. JP-NYC and Johnno will shoot me down for this) So many threads started, or first replied by the admins.. is the activity so low?..or is it just the better commitment to noobs from the owners.

My Point: Low and getting worse or was low now coming out of the firey pit.. ?
    It is a different focused site today to 5/6 years ago.. so there is no comparison. AO highs or Lows today are not AO's Highs or lows from then..

Stop Anal-ysing and start futur-ysing - stop comparing to the past and start comparing where AO wants to be..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Quote Originally Posted by Cider
    Im confused :/

Must be a southern hemisphere thing as teabag is also confused!
    It is the seasonal Conflict - the northerners in summer, us with frozen balls..
    The POM's are used to shity weather.. I blame it all on Global Warming (or Canada..)
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    IMO, AO has deteriorated since under new *ownership* I know cause * I was one of those senior members* I used to be all in AntiOnline (remember the DoD wargame project) everyday visiting this site and this and that/ now I could care less if this site is online or not. I was a proud member of AO since 2000 , under a different handle before I got in incarcerated. Now, I switched to this handle. IMO, it is what it is.

PS; how many people are online now when you sign in? Two/three people tops? This site IS NOT what it used to be. Again, my opinion. No one asked for my opinion. However, it's an open forum so I'm entitled to my opinion.
    Last edited by Computernerd22; July 2nd, 2008 at 05:58 PM.

I'm waiting for the day that i punch in the url smash the enter key and pooof "AO" is gone....

Just like a JP twink site.

Jup must be making a fortune still in AD revenue other wise i doubt they would keep a site running that only has a few members online, and a dismall amount of activity happening..