AO and Firefox 3

Thread: AO and Firefox 3

AO and Firefox 3

Since changing over to Firefox 3, I can't see the blinking cursor in the typing box. I can't use keyboard shortcuts to copy and paste, etc.

Does anyone else have this problem? It seems like it only happens on AO. I only post on one other forum regularly, but I don't have an issue on that site. They are running FUDforum.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    I haven't run into this. I'm using FF3 and XP. What add-ons do you have?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    Hi there

I posted about this problem as it was released.

I had to change to FF2 to be able to use AO.

THe cursor freezes in the block, you cant type and the Bold, I talics gets highlighted.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Just Another Geek
    Works for me..
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I completely uninstalled all plugins, removed FF3 and cleared personal settings. I reinstalled FF3 and there is still no change. No plugins currently installed. Can't select text, can't move cursor, etc. It's kind of annoying.

I even tried to create a new user profile and the problem is still there. FF3.01 still has this problem. I'm running XP Media Edition SP3. I'm going to try it in a XP Pro SP3 VM in just a second.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Ok, I'm now in a XP Pro SP3 VM with FF3.0.1. There are a couple of plugins installed. no script, foxmarks, adblock and the adblock filterset.g.

Same exact problem.

I'll try now in a freshly installed Suse 11 VM.

Same thing with Suse 11 VM. FF3.0.0. No addons. Doesn't matter if it's quick reply or advanced.

Not quite sure why, but now FF3 is working on AO. I didn't make any changes. Go figure.

Ok, scratch that. FF3 will show that white back box and the cursers when you're restricting scripts using noscript. As soon as I allow AO, the box turns to gray and there is no cursor. The bad thing about not allowing script is the line break or bold tags etc. don't work.