Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: possible bug or its just me

I would at least give Opera a try. Spend the time configuring it to work the way you want, you might find it's the fastest most secure browser out there. Most secure because hardly anyone is using it.

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    Well, there are two routes of resolution here (one obviously being easier than the other).

Switch your product or try to understand & address the problem. In my opinion, you'll learn a great deal by troubleshooting. Use IE or Opera to view pages Firefox has problems with & continue to work with Firefox's issues.

It all depends if you want/need a quick fix or enjoy a challenge every now and again.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    I am using Opera right now. My browser of choice is FF, I switch to Opera to visit this site. I'd like to get to the root of the problem, however I'm not going to lose sleep over an ad or it's script. The content of the site is fine.

I understand that other people may have similar issues and might want to bring it to the Mgmt of the board's attention as I wouldn't let an advertiser screw up my site.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

I don't think it's an advertiser, since there have been many complaints about Firefox three and vBulletin, including several of our sites, and they all run different adverts.

OK folks,

Give me a couple of days and I will set up some test boxes. Currently, we are using FF2, Opera 9.5 and IE 6/7 in production environments.

BTW, have you updated FF3?............. there was a new release out a few days ago.

By the way, if you are having this problem with Firefox three and you are using the full WYSIWYG text editor, try changing to the standard editor

I got round this by instructing FF to open the AO URL in IE. It just seems to be Firefox 3. Honestly, I think FF was a better browser when it first came out. The so called new releases have caused nothing but crashes, bugs and are massive resource hogs.
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    JPNYC,

Where is that option selected or is that one you have use the "about" editor?

4dc

Later on ....
    Ok I figured out you were talking about this sites options not the browser options.... it is already set to simple text editor
    Last edited by fourdc; July 23rd, 2008 at 07:42 PM.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

I would suggest upgrading to the most current version of FF and running firefox in safe mode (not windows safe mode Start>All Programs>Mozilla Firefox>Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode). You may have addons that are conflicting with the page. I was having similar problems with Digg and Lifehacker becauase of addons. Also, I have trouble loading the page if I have PeerGaurdian2 running. Try closing programs, there may be conflicts.
    sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberB0b
    I would suggest upgrading to the most current version of FF and running firefox in safe mode (not windows safe mode Start>All Programs>Mozilla Firefox>Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode). You may have addons that are conflicting with the page. I was having similar problems with Digg and Lifehacker becauase of addons. Also, I have trouble loading the page if I have PeerGaurdian2 running. Try closing programs, there may be conflicts.
    I found with FF3.. with open site access.. problems abound.. by denying Antionline.com in NOSCRIPT.. ie blocking ALL scripts from AO.. all woks well.. So the question is.. is there a bug in the scripts? or how FF3 handles these scripts.. Not being a regular here.. it was a noticable change.. the only change since my last visit.. I upgraded from FF3 RC to FF3.01 The FF3.01 upgrade was not as I would like.. a lot of addons were TURNED OFF.. one of which was Noscripts.. So .. the point... experiment with your Addons.. fiddle with settings for me the fix was the opposite of what i had expected..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr