July 19th, 2008, 08:58 AM
i try connecting my laptop to a switch.
however i got the error limited or no connectivity.
i tried following the steps inside the link but it still wont get my lan working
July 19th, 2008, 09:40 AM
July 19th, 2008, 06:26 PM
i off my firewall.
im using window xp sp3.
i try connecting with sp2 but is not working therefore i upgraded to sp3. however is still not working
switch brand is asus.
July 20th, 2008, 01:45 AM
Is the switch's DHCP server configured to give out IP addresses?
Your computer isn't getting an IP address for some reason, is why I'm asking.
July 20th, 2008, 06:01 AM
i not sure about the router.
but i tired connecting the router to other laptop. no problem occured
July 20th, 2008, 06:41 AM
Ok so just to clarify, is it a switch your connecting to or a router?
If its a switch:
1) do you have something connected to the switch(Router, DHCP Server, Cable Modem, DSL Modem) that is attempting to hand out an IP address to connected devices?
2) If 1 = NO, then you need to statically assign your settings to get any type of connectivity.
3) Are you connected to the uplink Port? If so connect it to another port (Try another port anyway as you may be connected to a bad port)
4) Try another cable! You may have a bad ethernet cable.
5) Do you have the correct type of cable (Straight-Through = PC to Router, switch, etc..) (Cross-Over = PC to PC)
If its a Router:
1) Make sure your router is handing out IP addresses..
2) try another port.
hope that helps.
PASSWORD: I dont have one
July 20th, 2008, 11:02 AM
2) how to?
3)i tried changing port
4)i already change a cable, which is working with other laptop
July 21st, 2008, 12:21 PM
Connect the uplink of the switch to your router.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
By Gixxer in forum Firewall & Honeypot Discussions
Last Post: July 28th, 2006, 10:20 PM
By red_budha in forum Miscellaneous Security Discussions
Last Post: April 1st, 2006, 07:16 PM
By ntsa in forum Other Tutorials Forum
Last Post: October 5th, 2002, 04:48 PM
By kadeng in forum Firewall & Honeypot Discussions
Last Post: August 25th, 2002, 10:23 PM
By Noble Hamlet in forum AntiOnline's General Chit Chat
Last Post: March 17th, 2002, 08:38 AM