I have spent the last month waging a battle against an unknown opponent. I know that my pc is completely comprised. I have been trying to fix this on my own, to no avail.
First of all it started with me being locked out of my own wireless network. It is running but when I try to access its IP I get : Connection to server 7*.3*.*.1 failed (Connection actively refused by the server.) even if I use the generic IP as well. The symptom's of my problem is basically this. My video cards software is repeatedly removed from the computer , I use NVidia Geforce 6200. Each time i re install it is less then 2 days before it is gone again. Other programs have been removed as well but nothing as important as the video card. I am now using the kerio winroute firewall that I saw recommended here somewhere, and Avira Antivirus Personal. I have scanned and it all comes up clean. But the pc acts like it is the grip of a horrid virus of some kind. Nothing shows up tho. It is always running at 100% capacity I have 34 running process, and 1 svchost.exe is using 70,508k to 300k or so. I have looked up each and every single process and it showed that all were viable programs. I really don't know what to do other then re format but this wont solve the problem and If I don't learn how to fix it. It just might happen again. I am not sure what to do at this point. Any help or ideas of which way I should go would be great.