Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dilemma in the workplace

Well you do have a few options, lots of good ones already posted. Just have a couple questions.

1. Is this person giving you the work, is she above, below or equal to you in seniority?

If she is equal or below, I dont see how she can pawn her work off on you, If she is above I guess thats another story!

2. Is she doing late night extra caricular activities with your manager?
    This could explain why her work is getting pawned off onto you, in another department that has absolutely 0 to do with sales.

This may be something you want to discuss with your boss's boss
    (assuming your boss has a boss). This also depends on if your company has an open door policy or not, the one I work for does, and its nice.. If my boss is being a dick I can talk to his boss.

Other than that you can always give everyone the One Finger Solute and walk out (make sure you have another job ofcourse).

Good luck.. and may the force be with you
    LOGIN: yes
    PASSWORD: I dont have one
    "Login Failed"

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    Undertaker - He has given me training specific to the product.

We are a country partner for Panda security, AV. Anyway all the other country partners get a week off to do their training on a new product.

I was given 30 mins studying time from 7:30 am till 8am everyday for a month and a half. Not alot seeing as though I am not in an office and 90 % of the time I will have to deal with other things in the time.

Why do people take IT staff as nothing, try turn them into sales people ...
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by moxquito
    Well you do have a few options, lots of good ones already posted. Just have a couple questions.

1. Is this person giving you the work, is she above, below or equal to you in seniority?

If she is equal or below, I dont see how she can pawn her work off on you, If she is above I guess thats another story!

2. Is she doing late night extra caricular activities with your manager?
    This could explain why her work is getting pawned off onto you, in another department that has absolutely 0 to do with sales.

(assuming your boss has a boss). This also depends on if your company has an open door policy or not, the one I work for does, and its nice.. If my boss is being a dick I can talk to his boss.

Other than that you can always give everyone the One Finger Solute and walk out (make sure you have another job ofcourse).

Good luck.. and may the force be with you
    Hey Mox

1. This person is equal to me.

2. I have no idea

Well my boss is the boss. There is no going above that.

I just feel that I should be concentrating 100 % on technical aspects and not sales.

I already have to give a client only 10 minutes of my time rather than spending 30 mins with them and sorting out the problem 100 %
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Yeah, I see..................

Support is a full time activity because it is reactive rather than proactive. If sales need more people they should look at hiring college students part-time?

You get intelligent people who will undertake menial tasks, and it is mutually beneficial.

The people in Spain understand these things

Over here, that is usually called "The WIFE"

Seems like you are working for a total POS? time to get out?

If this is a direct postion, I would goto human resources and scream favoritism. If this is an agency, talk directly with the account manager. Believe it or not, some employers don't want you to kill the job but encourage you to milk it. Also sounds like a short staffed department, looks good to you when bean counters notice you are a 2-in-1 employee. *kiss kiss*.

write down some professional references from your job. Bypass your management and use the references as employers. Update your resume' saying you been promoted from sales to IT "whatever" because of your great achievement. This fools databases with more keywords to bump you further up the screening list. The database will verify your employment and the screening people will just ask if you are dependable. Ask about referral programs and then add your references from that sucky job. Time will tell but you just stuck it to the man. Be a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Linen0ise
    write down some professional references from your job. Bypass your management and use the references as employers. Update your resume' saying you been promoted from sales to IT "whatever" because of your great achievement. This fools databases with more keywords to bump you further up the screening list. The database will verify your employment and the screening people will just ask if you are dependable. Ask about referral programs and then add your references from that sucky job. Time will tell but you just stuck it to the man. Be a wolf in sheep's clothing.
    Hmm explain this for me, I dont quite understand
    Albert Einstein

even easier: if this job came from an IT agency, list your recruiter and account manager as references....and some close co-workers. On the resume', put down the actual company that is "using" you. Often times The more of BIIGGG company names on a resume' is greater than a paycheck itself -- blank check. When you get a new job offer and they ask why you are jumping around. Tell them it was at-will employment or say 3-6-12month contract. This is the norm in the IT field. That will shut them up and make them more excited. They just want to submit 5 resume's for their new client. When new client is happy and want to talk with you, the new agency will kiss your butt because you been flagged. Old company is history.
    Last edited by Linen0ise; August 8th, 2008 at 02:13 PM.

LoL - Okay I am sort of with you.

However if they phone my company here for reference and they say I left at my own will and not a temp contract.
    Albert Einstein

legally they have to ask if you were dependable and loyal. It would illegal for them to slander you. Ever called a company to ask for someone and they responded coldly that the person no longer works here and had no choice but to terminate the call? Agencys will lie for you if they are excited enough. Ever had a recruiter call you randomly at the jobsite but your boss is right there looking into your mouth. The recruiter understands this and professionally tells you to ditch the losers and call them back. Instant reference.