Thread: Giving fax program rights.

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar

Giving fax program rights.

Hi all

Just a quick question seeing as nobody knows how to do this in my office. We have the fax console on our server with a fax modem connected to it.

Anyway after wanting to send something confidential that nobody else can see I would like to do it over my built in fax program that I discovered in windows business. Apparetly it is only included in ultimate and business via control panel, add addition windows components.

Anyway when I try to run it and "connect to a fax server" via the network - it picks up the server but throws me out with not enuf permissions.

I have gone into the fax console on the server, added myself as a user and given me FULL access.

I dont know where else to look and no one really wants to help me.

Server is 2003.
    Exchange is 2007.
    Workstation is Vista business.

Thanks.

I will attach the screenshot from my workstation. The help file isnt much help either but this is a security issue, nothing to do with the fax program though.
    Last edited by Cider; October 25th, 2010 at 01:25 PM.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Just Another Geek
    If you've changed the groupmembership of your account you need to logoff and back on again for the new permissions to work.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Hey there SD

I have logged off and on with my own account and with admin account on the domain.

I have added myself to every security tab in the faxconsole and full permissions.

Do I have to do somethign in AD or am I missing something.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

I am not sure if this is of any relevance to your situation, but I believe that Vista will lauch some things with reduced privileges, even if you think that you are using an admin account?

Anyway after wanting to send something confidential that nobody else can see I would like to do it over my built in fax program that I discovered in windows business.
    Are you sure that will work if you are using the corporate server and modem?

I am afraid that I don't know how this works, as I only have Home Premium

I know it gets logged but atleast it is better than printing it out and standing at the fax machine with the docs in hand

Yeah Nihil home premium doesnt have this fax and scan feature, only business and ultimate.

Thanks for the admin tip > right click > runas Administrator ...

EDIT: Run as administrator I get the same messge, its something on the server which I need to change or add myself privledges too
    Albert Einstein