Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: At least do it right..

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

At least do it right..

Sheesh. So I signed up for "cyberbegging" (hey, I have a website to run and moving to US was rather expensive ) and today I got my first "phishing cyberbegging email". So, kids, let's see what was done wrong here:

Good Day ... i am Rev Chris Ranking i m the founder of st peter catholic church, san antonio, Texas.. . Well, the Holy book says 'give and it shall be giving unto thee' so therefore i am willing to give to you the little i have but first would like to get a response from you after receiving this email with little more about yourself and what you facing .
    The Lord is your strength.
    Hope too read from you soon .
    God bless .

st peters catholic church,
    Rev Chris.
    1. Catholic Church uses "Father" as the title for their priests. Reverend is used by Presbyterian or Bapists churches (IIRC).

2. All Catholic priests are very educated and would probably be appalled to have written an email with grammar issues.

3. Catholic Churches are not "founded" in the same sense as other churches by their representative. The Church tells them where they will "teach".

4. The biblical quote is wrong. It should be: "Give, and it shall be given unto you" [Luke 6:38]. No priest would misquote like that nor would they exclude the source.

5. There is no "Chris Ranking" in San Antonio who is a church leader (Catholic or otherwise).

Sigh.

If you're gonna try to "scam" me, at least get yer frickin' details right. :P

Of course, for giggles, I replied to him explaining the bit about "Father" and founding. Let's see if I get a reply. LOL
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Depends.. All christian churches consider them selves part of the holy catholic church.. catholic meaning universal..
    But the many protestant church will not refer to themselves as catholic..
    You should point out to our Rev/pastor/priest it is the Holy Roman Catholic Church, or the Holy Roman Church..
    as for the quote... depends of the translation or transliteration of the bible.. Me thinks it is transliterated from vodka damaged neurones

(this post was 50:50 serious and jest)
    Pope Undies...
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Banned
    All christian churches consider them selves part of the holy catholic church..
    Most christian churches are not catholic and would hate to be labeled that way...

Just Another Geek
    I do believe Undies is correct... But I'm an atheist so what do I know about religion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I think if you made that statement in Northern Ireland you may just get killed.

anyway

MsM - Cyber begging? where linkie please. I do so like selfless plugs for web sites.
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Banned
    Christians are believers in christ. Some christians are catholics, but a whole bunch are absolutely not, so the statement that "all christian churches consider them selves part of the holy catholic church" is incorrect...

Quote Originally Posted by Negative
    Most christian churches are not catholic and would hate to be labeled that way...
    Oh I am sorry... So what is the apostles Creed then.. the oath of allegiance/membership for many christian churches?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostles%27_Creed
    oh then there is the nicene creed...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicene_Creed

But neg realise that there are churches that call themselves christian.. but definitely are not..
    Christians are believers in christ. Some christians are catholics, but a whole bunch are absolutely not, so the statement that "all christian churches consider them selves part of the holy catholic church" is incorrect...
    And sorry but your statement "Christians are believers in christ" is not completely correct.. See ... Muslims believe that there was a christ so do many other faiths.. so does that make them christians as well?
    Last edited by Und3ertak3r; August 28th, 2008 at 11:49 PM.
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Banned
    I think you need a logic 101 lesson...

Lesson 1:

"All A are B" does NOT mean "All B are A". Example: "All dogs are animals" (All A are B) does NOT mean that "All animals are dogs" (All B are A). You make that mistake against a very simple logical rule when you state the following:

And sorry but your statement "Christians are believers in christ" is not completely correct.. See ... Muslims believe that there was a christ so do many other faiths.. so does that make them christians as well?
    "All Christians believe in Christ" is what I said (All A are B). From this does NOT follow, unlike your assumption, that "all believers in Christ are Christians" (All B are A). You interpreted my "All Christians believe in Christ" to also mean that "All believers in Christ are Christians" when you said that Muslims believe in Christ, too. Very basic logical rule, very grave assault on it... Tsk tsk...

Lesson 2:

For a statement of the form "All A are B" to be true, ALL instances of A have to be B. If only one single A is NOT B, the "All A are B" statement becomes false.

When you say that "all christian churches consider them selves part of the holy catholic church", you make the mistake of generalization. All it takes to debunk that statement is ONE christian church that does NOT consider itself part of the holy catholic church, and your statement is false. Come drive around in some Southern US states, and you'll see the freakiest christian churches. All are (or claim to be, at least) hardcore christian, but I wouldn't dare ask them if they're catholic...

Lesson 1:

"All A are B" does NOT mean "All B are A". Example: "All dogs are animals" (All A are B) does NOT mean that "All animals are dogs" (All B are A). You make that mistake against a very simple logical rule when you state the following:

"All Christians believe in Christ" is what I said (All A are B). From this does NOT follow, unlike your assumption, that "all believers in Christ are Christians" (All B are A). You interpreted my "All Christians believe in Christ" to also mean that "All believers in Christ are Christians" when you said that Muslims believe in Christ, too. Very basic logical rule, very grave assault on it... Tsk tsk...

Lesson 2:

For a statement of the form "All A are B" to be true, ALL instances of A have to be B. If only one single A is NOT B, the "All A are B" statement becomes false.

When you say that "all christian churches consider them selves part of the holy catholic church", you make the mistake of generalization. All it takes to debunk that statement is ONE christian church that does NOT consider itself part of the holy catholic church, and your statement is false. Come drive around in some Southern US states, and you'll see the freakiest christian churches. All are (or claim to be, at least) hardcore christian, but I wouldn't dare ask them if they're catholic...
    Neg.. before this gets out of hand .. realise I can start a "Christian church" tomorrow.. but it is not a christian church.. it is a name only.. that is my point.. MANY MANY faiths believe in christ.. they accept he lived.. and will teach many of the writings about him ..

What makes you think that my statements are false.. ?? ... what knowledge do you have of how many of these organisations operate? and you did not even mention my statement about the oaths of allegiance that many have as part of their membership core.

My statement is NOT a generalisation. It is infact specific.. it is differentiating the cults and fake churches from the christian church. People who get bent out of shape by the mention of the word catholic have forgotten their christian heritage.

the word catholic means universal - general : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic
    If your redneck southern churches get bent out of shape.. then it is their problem.. BUT.. if you follow what I said earlier.. many of church that use the Apostles or nicene creeds are christian church's .. I will not exclude the few that don't use these.. these organisations at there core were prevented due to ignorance and/or political intervention

[.
    I think you are an arrogant *****