Sheesh. So I signed up for "cyberbegging" (hey, I have a website to run and moving to US was rather expensive ) and today I got my first "phishing cyberbegging email". So, kids, let's see what was done wrong here:

Good Day ... i am Rev Chris Ranking i m the founder of st peter catholic church, san antonio, Texas.. . Well, the Holy book says 'give and it shall be giving unto thee' so therefore i am willing to give to you the little i have but first would like to get a response from you after receiving this email with little more about yourself and what you facing .
The Lord is your strength.
Hope too read from you soon .
God bless .

st peters catholic church,
Rev Chris.
1. Catholic Church uses "Father" as the title for their priests. Reverend is used by Presbyterian or Bapists churches (IIRC).

2. All Catholic priests are very educated and would probably be appalled to have written an email with grammar issues.

3. Catholic Churches are not "founded" in the same sense as other churches by their representative. The Church tells them where they will "teach".

4. The biblical quote is wrong. It should be: "Give, and it shall be given unto you" [Luke 6:38]. No priest would misquote like that nor would they exclude the source.

5. There is no "Chris Ranking" in San Antonio who is a church leader (Catholic or otherwise).

Sigh.

If you're gonna try to "scam" me, at least get yer frickin' details right. :P

Of course, for giggles, I replied to him explaining the bit about "Father" and founding. Let's see if I get a reply. LOL