PPPOE and Vista

Thread: PPPOE and Vista

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar

PPPOE and Vista

All i can say is %@$%$

Why does MS have to limit visit to 1 pppoe connection.

For XP you can use raspppoe and enable two WAN connections ...

./rant over

Main goal:

Have two adsl account running simultanousely.

Why?

Well ISP prices on accounts.

1 x Local account for downloading
    1 x Int account for Gaming

I have gone and set up RASPPPOE and Route sentry (application for spliiting connections, it splits Local traffic VS International traffic) on another PC in my network.

Running great with LAN connection (router) as Int account and 1 x PPPOE as local account so I can atealst download there, Remote in , manage and copy files over the network.

Does anyone have a solution for me where I can create 2 x PPPOE connections in Vista?

I have a telkom 100WR router with latest firmware and I dont even know how to set it to bridge mode help!

Any yes I have RTFM'd all day.

Thanks guys
    Last edited by Cider; September 2nd, 2008 at 09:03 PM.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Just Another Geek
    Get an 'older' computer, stick 2 network cars in there, install linux or bsd on it. Then you can have as many PPPoE connections as you want.
    Added bonus, nice firewall and IDS features and a whole lot more
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Easier said than done SD.

I will have to somehow aquire a third PC for the network and put a linux on there. Gonna have issues configuring it but I must learn anyway.

My flat is getting quite small for all these computers ...
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Just Another Geek
    Quote Originally Posted by Cider
    My flat is getting quite small for all these computers ...
    Imagine what mine looks like... I've got about 15 of 'm
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

rofl!

I dont know where I am going to get some old computers from though. My office is only 15 people so computers only go every 6 months or so, suppose I can put some money together and get some pc's, anyway thanks for the advice.

My temp solution is okay for now, allows downloading. So its cool :P
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Cider
    rofl!

I dont know where I am going to get some old computers from though
    It is called "Puppy Dog Eyes".. tell your friends, relations and neighbours how keen you are to learn and the many fantastic things you're experimenting on.. Just learn a bit of SE... it won't be long and you will be paving your driveway with computer cases... (yeh you will probably need to outlay a little cash.. for extra NIC's)

Also have a look around Ex-rental/lease disposals.. full pc's wit monitor for a third to a quarter of a cheap new pc..

Also..

On top of what SD mentioned.. have a look at the Smoothwall and IPCOP distro's.. ****** hint .. a possible profitable solution to the over supply of pc's ..configure a few for friends, neighbours and relations...hint*****
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr