Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free Internet w/ free Dial-up access numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Cider
    do some naughty naughty with a 56k access 0_o
    defiantly useless to look up pr0n, it would take 5minutes for a page to load up and even longer to stream a video clip.

But there are other things a 56k connection could be useful for.

Cool

Ok... 56k connection could be used for anything. Basically, you are also saying you would do online banking using that glorified proxy service? If I wanted to write a Thank You letter to the President, I guess I would use this and then later change the MAC address

Quote Originally Posted by Linen0ise
    Ok... 56k connection could be used for anything. Basically, you are also saying you would do online banking using that glorified proxy service? If I wanted to write a Thank You letter to the President, I guess I would use this and then later change the MAC address
    Wouldn't do my online banking with it, what you think i'm that silly.

I prefer to visit my bank in person, to paranoid to have my bank details available online.
    Those fraudsters are getting better and coming up with more sophisticated ways each day.

just spoof a .gov email addresse, it would make for a more interesting laugh. As it would cause a little choas internally

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    Hmm I do Internet banking at only one PC so no chance for a key logger ...

So you guys are telling me if I would like to do something private which doesnt require a speedy connection I should get a random dialup account and use that? ...
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

No different than walking into a public wifi wireless site and using free internet. Unless you setup a VPN service I wouldn't trust the IT folks behind the iron curtain. So many "man-in-the-middle" sites to shake a stick at.

Quote Originally Posted by Linen0ise
    No different than walking into a public wifi wireless site and using free internet. Unless you setup a VPN service I wouldn't trust the IT folks behind the iron curtain. So many "man-in-the-middle" sites to shake a stick at.
    I read that long ago how people were setting up fake hotspot's in cafe's airports etc.
    And sniffing the traffic and just stealing credit card details and banking passwords.

Then going to town with the stolen info.

Just goes to show you can never be to careful especially in this day in age.

Free Internet Povider

I live in rural nowhere! I could sure use a free or really cheap internet provider!!! I will need a free dial up number. I don't know if there are any in my area. I live in Harmon, Ok my area code is 580 and my prefix is 580. If anyone can help me please do.

Thats what wimax is for!

When wimax is fully implemented, it will allow people in rural areas to have broadband speed internet wirelessly.

There is also satellite service...

Dialup is probably your only option for now--but check with your local isps.

I wouldn't recommend some obscure dialup provider as they can do whatever and look at whatever they like concerning your packets.
    I wouldn't recommend banking on a free internet provider.

Wimax may take a while to implement--if ever-- in your area.

Shayleis: Try this though:

http://www.superpages.com/yellowpage...S-OK/Y-Harmon/

Satellite may be a good choice
    Last edited by t34b4g5; October 30th, 2008 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Just merged the double post.
    "...to give correctly is to give them what they need from us, for it would not be skillful to bring gifts to anyone that are in no way needed."
    --Socrates

*Einstein Would Be Proud*

scares me just talking about 56k dial-up internet, I couldn't imagine downloading/uploading the stuff I do with 56k... Just use common sense, and look elsewhere.
    http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...naturecopy.jpg

You Haven't Lived Until You Have Died...