Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quad core its mother board and electricity bill

I agree with what Nihil is saying. The benchmarks for each mother board are going to be very close to each other. Some might win in one area and one in another but the end result is about the same. VERY close to being the same (when using the same chipsets/fsb/controllers/memory/etc)

Personally i would choose this processor from AMD

AMD Black Edition - AMD Phenom X4 9950

http://www.google.com/products/catal...795#ps-sellers

here's a quick review of this processor:

http://www.guru3d.com/article/amd-ph...ocessor-tested

AMD Black Edition - AMD Phenom X4 9950
    If you want one of those, make DAMN SURE you get a motherboard with the 790GX/SB750 chipset............... otherwise buy Intel There is a fair bit of older crap with the SB600 chipset still on the market.

Also make sure you have a power supply of 850 Watts or better, and try to get an OEM CPU rather than a boxed retail version. You don't really want a stock heatsink and fan with a CPU that is intended to be overclocked

Hi all,

Give me some suggestions i have been fooled or what ever you can say but this is a mistake i did and i need to stay with it but for now i need you guyz help..

i got some suggestion from the local market that Quad has not been properly launched and its not advisable to purchase right now may be later you can add it on later when you plan to upgrade it and below is what i did...

i purchased
    Mother Board : NVIDIA GeForce 7100 and nForce 630i
    Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo
    Ram : 2 GB 1 Stick of Transcend
    250 GB hard Disk Sata

and retailer told me that you dont need a graphic card as it has a on board graphic card i believed the retailer and now the result is that i am getting a error when i play a game once in every 3 times i play the game and the error is as below well i was not able to read the whole error as it shows up for 2 sec in a blue screen and yellow letters and the comp restarts but it has some of the lines in it which i was able to read.

If this error has come for the first time then ....................................................................
    You need to check with the vendor hardware.............................................................................
    or else try disabling the shadow ............................................

Update your Bios
    Some thing like above

and i have already replaced the ram and the whole mother board but the error keeps coming again and again

and i have good support of the retailer

please help
    KK
    Question is not "Why are you Online"
    Question is "Why are you Off line"

Make sure you have your memory in pairs/in the correct configuration. Also make sure you are providing extra power to things that require it (some motherboards and some gfx cards)

Memory in pairs no as i mentioned it carries 1 Ram Stick of 2GB DDR2 and the mother has 2 Ram Slots in which one is filled and other is empty

power supply is proper no issue with it
    Question is not "Why are you Online"
    Question is "Why are you Off line"

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    I would also check for driver updates from the manufacturer website - especially for the onboard graphics. I dont think it is hardware related - It would be more consistent.

Although the retailer is correct, you dont need a video card as it is built-in to the mainboard, if you are wanting to run 3d graphic games or any other video intense application, you really do need some form of graphic card - anything is better than nothing.

CTO

[edit] Also check the game readme file - There will be a section listing 'known problems'. Make sure your hardware is not on that list. [/edit]
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

I am confused by this statement:
    and i have already replaced the ram and the whole mother board but the error keeps coming again and again
    Was this a new box with a clean install of the OS and you had trouble so began replacing the new items,
    or did you use your old hard drive and OS and just replace motherboard?
    If the later you may have old stray drivers conflicting, etc.

blue screen and yellow letters
    Usually when I see yellow ( vs. white ) letters it indicates video problems.

As CybertecOne said, the onboard card is not the best for gaming.
    Check the motherboard manufacturer for updated drivers.
    And while checking the game readme, also check the readme that comes with the video drivers for known problems.
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes

1. What is the operating system?
    2. Is it just one particular game or all games?

Onboard video chipsets are not intended for heavy duty graphics processing. They are for SOHO, entertainment centres and general computing.

Check that you have the video chipset sharing 256Mb of RAM and not 128Mb.

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nihil
    Check that you have the video chipset sharing 256Mb of RAM and not 128Mb.
    Sorry to knock what your saying nihil But i doubt it would matter how much video sharing there is, it doubt it would have this problem. You would only find that the less ram available for video, the slower the render is drawn to the screen (slower gameplay/response) or complete lockup of the system.

In saying that, if there was a fault with the RAM on a hardware level, it would explain the problems being described.
    Quote:
    If this error has come for the first time then ....................................................................
    You need to check with the vendor hardware.............................................................................
    or else try disabling the shadow ............................................

Update your Bios
    Some thing like above
    In that blue screen, there is actually a very specific string of text that you havent identified. It defines what caused the error - usually it relates to RAM or a specific file/error. If it comes up again, make further notes on what the message actually says.

CTO
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein