Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quad core its mother board and electricity bill

Sorry to knock what your saying nihil But i doubt it would matter how much video sharing there is, it doubt it would have this problem.
    I wasn't thinking of the specific problem, but of his gaming and video experience in general. That chipset will share 256Mb if you let it, but I suspect that the default might be 128Mb. It can make quite a difference if you are running Vista

A half-decent video card isn't that expensive, and that is certainly the way I would go. I can't say I know of anyone who is even moderately into gaming who doesn't have a separate video card.

What KK needs to do first is go into his BIOS and change the "restart on error" option to "off", then we can see the exact message on his BSOD.

Hi all,

well as to make my error more clear to you i have clicked a photo by the digi cam and i am attaching the image for making it clear
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Question is not "Why are you Online"
    Question is "Why are you Off line"

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    Under the technical information it describes the problem:

RtkHDAud.sys
    I believe this is a driver file for your sound hardware, most likely the realtek onboard audio.

If you plug it into google, it will come up with plenty of results on what the file is.

My recommendation is to update the realtek drivers from the manufacturer website. If this error only appears when your playing the game, once again i would say it is a known/common problem which should be in the readme files.

If updating the drivers does not work, and there is no related material in the readme files - I would consider the game a write off. If you really want to play this game, go out and get a $60(AU) sound card, something just half decent.

CTO
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

Hi CybertecOne,

Yes you are right i showed the same pic to a Friend he told me the same thing

but as this issue is coming with the sound i downloaded the latest drivers but still the error kept repeating and although i also changed the whole motherboard but still it kept repeating

finally on my today morning talk with the retailer he told me that its better i change the brand of the motherboard and puchase a graphic card

If you can help me to find a good mother board which will support graphic card nvidia_geforce_8600_gt_graphics_card and the Core2Duo 2.53 , 2GB DDR2 RAM, 250GB HDD i was looking forward towards Asus,Giga Byte which one do you suggest guyz? and my budget is around (7,000 Indian Rs)150$ if you understand with the finance problem..

please suggest as i need to purchase it tommorow from him..

Thanks
    KK
    Last edited by kingkong; October 12th, 2008 at 08:07 AM.

CTO,

That rings bells but I haven't come across it since XP was first released. There was a time I seem to remember when some audio and video drivers didn't play nice together?

I agree with your suggestion that updating the drivers would be a possible solution. Otherwise I would go for a dedicated video card (and remember to disable onboard video in the BIOS)

I bought three cards when I started messing with Vista. Two were 256Mb nVidias................ one was certified Vista compliant and cost me £22, and the other wasn't and cost £12......... so I went to their website and downloaded the Vista software................ hmmmmm............ wasted 10 beer vouchers there didn't I?

I also wonder if KK has gone to SP3? assuming that he is using Vista.

Cheers mate,

Johnno

EDIT: KK, I think that CTO has answered your question? Your MoBo has onboard Video and Sound chipsets. If they were incompatible then the board just wouldn't sell to anyone?

The problem would seem to be with your game..................
    Last edited by nihil; October 12th, 2008 at 08:57 AM.

Hmm Nihil,

as i informed earlier i tried to update the drivers but unfortunately the same problem repeated and i showed the retailer the problem

and the problem does not seems to be of game as the same game runs perfectly in the other PC

where as retailers experts says that this problem is a little tricky as the problems does not occurs every times but it comes once in 3 times i play other 2 times it runs perfectly

any ways retailer has given up finally and now has suggested to change the motherboard to intel mother is this advisable??

or not as i wouldbe going to the retailer tomorow morning i have only 10 hours remaining with me to make the dicision...

im out

CTO
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

Well, I don't suppose it will do any harm.

I would like to make the following observations and suggestions, which I will admit are based on certain assumptions regarding your computers.

1. Your new system is running Vista and your old one runs XP?
    2. Your operating systems and copies of the game are legitimate versions, and not pirated?
    3. The game version is correct for the operating system on both machines?

If those assumptions are correct then it would seem that you have an incompatibility issue between Vista, your game and the video and sound drivers.

The only other possibility would be defective RAM, but I recall that you have already tried changing that?

Things that might help:

1. Try muting the sound, and disconnecting the speakers to see if the game performs correctly without it.
    2. Go into Vista and set up a gaming user profile with XP "compatibility mode" for that game.
    3. Borrow or buy a cheap audio card and video card. Start with the Video and test that first as it will release RAM for general systems use.
    4. Check that your "performance" settings are for "applications" rather than background services. If that is the current setting, then change it to the other one anyway.
    5. In your new "gaming profile" turn off EVERYTHING that you don't need for the game.
    6. Check that your version of that particular game is actually supposed to work with your operating system. If it runs unstably then that could explain your experiences.

KK, Go through all the items that nihil has mentioned and get back to us - I will come up with a few more ideas once you come back with some more info

Best of luck buddy

CTO
    - Albert Einstein