Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would You Buy a Script Kiddie's Book?

Quote Originally Posted by The-Spec View Post
    Everyone has a computer today and to a large extent everyone has done neat things with them. If you feel particularly hip and smart because you've "done something with a computer"... then you're already behind the curve.
    I wish I had a nickel for every time I read this.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by t34b4g5 View Post
    Kind of reminds me of Ankit Fadia, he stole a heap of stuff written by others, mashed them together and made a book.

Now he's considered a hero in India..

if he can do it and make some money, then i don't see why mafiaboy couldn't do the same thing.

I can see the skiddie's paying money to get there hands on this book in the hope of learning something.

Heck i will probably buy it also, seeing as i am continually reffered to as a " script kiddie"....

Also Me'h
    http://eyeball-series.org/hacker/hacker-eyeball2.htm

scroll down about half way. Also the founder of AO JP is listed there also..
    I don't see AO JP listen there, Name ....
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Cider View Post
    I don't see AO JP listen there, Name ....
    John Vranesevich

John Vranesevich, in this Nov. 1997 photo, used his World Wide Web site to interview computer hackers who claim they broke into a Pentagon network and stole software for a military satellite system. It was also last month that Vranesevich, a 19-year-old self-taught computer security expert, decided that he didn't really need an undergraduate degree and parted ways with the University of Pittsburgh. These days, he is parked in front of a computer at his parents' house in Beaver, PA., surrounded by programming textbooks. He said he has had several job offers. (AP Photo/Pittsburgh Post Gazette, John Beale)

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    hectic stuff, thanks
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Banned
    Also Me'h
    http://eyeball-series.org/hacker/hacker-eyeball2.htm

scroll down about half way. Also the founder of AO JP is listed there also
    All I see is an ocean of wasted youth. Lets put it this way, most of those people haven't accomplished much... both in the technology field and in life.
    he can't hold a candle to Kevin Mitnick
    Mitnick, ugh... someone needs to tell him this isn't 1990-something. Atleast GayPee had enought sense to give up on renting offices and pretending to be a "security expert".

Quote Originally Posted by The-Spec View Post
    All I see is an ocean of wasted youth. Lets put it this way, most of those people haven't accomplished much... both in the technology field and in life.Mitnick, ugh... someone needs to tell him this isn't 1990-something. Atleast GayPee had enought sense to give up on renting offices and pretending to be a "security expert".

At least someone here has the gonad's to say what most of us have been thinking..

I bought Ankit's book when it came out, read almost half (jumped around a lot), and I was severely disappointed. I managed to recoup about half of what I paid for it by over charging for shipping on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by keezel View Post
    I bought Ankit's book when it came out, read almost half (jumped around a lot), and I was severely disappointed. I managed to recoup about half of what I paid for it by over charging for shipping on ebay.
    I bought it also, well once i heard all the stuff about what he did. Read it once and i let my dogs have a good play with it.

I wouldn't buy a skiddie's book to wipe my a$$ with, let alone read.

A skiddie is a luser and cannot write anything interesting for the simple reason that they actually know nothing.

Everyone has a computer today and to a large extent everyone has done neat things with them. If you feel particularly hip and smart because you've "done something with a computer"... then you're already behind the curve

That is pretty much what it is about. I have done some "pretty neat things" with .22LR, .22Short, .38Spl, 9mm Parabellum, .308Win, .45ACP and the rest. All that means is that I was as good as my last shoot; not that I have contributed anything to the sport?

Kevin Mitnick is a strange case to me, at least. He wasn't a "hacker" as such, but a "cyber criminal", and, given that he was caught and convicted three times, not a very good one at that? His story is still far more interesting, as it is based on "real" criminal activities.

What we have here is a luser with a hack journalist as a "ghostwriter" hoping to gouge as much cash out of ID10Ts as they can. Take my advice folks.............. spend it on beer and JD