Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would You Buy a Script Kiddie's Book?

Would You Buy a Script Kiddie's Book?

Mafiaboy is publishing his memoirs. Does his script kiddie exploits warrant a visit to Amazon.com?

Sunday Geek: Hackers who write books - The Tech Herald

Now, as an example, Kevin Mitnick authoring books on his exploits is all fine and good, as Kevin actually did his own work. Mafiaboy, on the other hand, is a script kiddie. While Kevin used other tools and had lots of help, he is a professional Social Engineer, Mafiaboy is simply a script kiddie who went on IRC and used the work of others to attack various websites. Is this really best seller material?
    OK, he can't hold a candle to Kevin Mitnick but chances are that he will still find an audience, at least among his own kind.

09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Quote Originally Posted by phernandez View Post
    OK, he can't hold a candle to Kevin Mitnick but chances are that he will still find an audience, at least among his own kind.
    The book will probably sell. From what dinowuff posted, it will probably not be all that interesting. Kid uses other people's tools to attack website. FBI looks at logs. FBI catches 15 year old kid. Yay.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

I was reading on another site tutorials on how to crack wep/wpa yadda, yadda. This one kid - fairly smart finally cracked his AP and then the neighbors. Got pretty good at cracking all aspects of a wireless access point in a fairly short period.

Then came the question: "Now what? What can you do now that you have access to the network"?

Kid was using bt3 and was told about the many tools - man in the middle stuff and all that...

And it struck me as odd. Why would you want to learn to drive if you didn't have anywhere to go?

Anyway sorry to hijack the thread. I now return you to the regular OT
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Ninja Code Monkey
    Mitnicks books were an interesting read usually since he'd go into his various exploits and into social engineering in general.

I doubt mafiaboy has much to say that is worth reading. I might download it and give it a quick scan when the time comes...
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

Quote Originally Posted by Juridian View Post
    Mitnicks books were an interesting read usually since he'd go into his various exploits and into social engineering in general.

I doubt mafiaboy has much to say that is worth reading. I might download it and give it a quick scan when the time comes...
    J, if you want the somewhat interesting stuff, just read "Confessions of Teenage Hackers" which I have. It's actually interesting. Not exactly technical but if the story of the thing is what you like it's there. It's actually a good book.

Apparently one of the things he said he was doing was "trying to design a new type of firewall" or whatever.. Not that I blame him, hell if I was about to go to jail I'd throw everything I could think of out there too.

Specially a jail in Quebec lol. People there can't drive for crap.

I will flip through it the next time I am in a book store... that is about as far as that will go :P
    http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...naturecopy.jpg

You Haven't Lived Until You Have Died...

Question

Kind of reminds me of Ankit Fadia, he stole a heap of stuff written by others, mashed them together and made a book.

Now he's considered a hero in India..

if he can do it and make some money, then i don't see why mafiaboy couldn't do the same thing.

I can see the skiddie's paying money to get there hands on this book in the hope of learning something.

Heck i will probably buy it also, seeing as i am continually reffered to as a " script kiddie"....

Also Me'h
    http://eyeball-series.org/hacker/hacker-eyeball2.htm

scroll down about half way. Also the founder of AO JP is listed there also..
    Last edited by t34b4g5; October 7th, 2008 at 05:04 AM.

Banned
    Everyone has a computer today and to a large extent everyone has done neat things with them. If you feel particularly hip and smart because you've "done something with a computer"... then you're already behind the curve.

"Would You Buy a Script Kiddie's Book?"

No. Next question.