Thread: 0x800ccc19

0x800ccc19

I work for an internet provider and today we're getting call after call from people with outlook error 0x800ccc19. These users are using AVG, Avast, PC Cillin, Norton...Microsoft says to contact you antivirus vendor.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813518/en-us
    anybody know what's causing this sudden problem? an update maybe?
    Faqt

If you want to make God laugh....make plans.

AOs Resident Troll
    Interesting.

I had the same thing this morning on one site....

anyhoo...to overcome this I deleted the ISA firewall rule for the POP3 call from internal to external- all users and recreated.

and it fixed it.

although I not sure if all your users are behind an ISA server.

Maybe the new patch has something to do with it.

I had an issue on my laptop where I couldnt connect with my nics until I logged in as administrtor of the machine and log back in as the limited user again. I think it may have to do with changes to the networking components in the new patch.

MLF
    Last edited by morganlefay; October 27th, 2008 at 08:29 PM.
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Problem seems to have cleared up. Thank you for your input Morganlefay. I'm not sure how it was fixed or I would give you details...but alas, I am a lowly phone grunt...I hear all the problems...but rarely the fixes.
    Faqt

If you want to make God laugh....make plans.

Maybe this had to do with the recent patch Microsoft is pushing about plugging a remote code execution hole in all the Windows OSs?

http://blogs.technet.com/msrc/archiv...-released.aspx
    Knowledge is Power. Never stop learning.

With this particualar error most of the time it has to do with antivirus software partucularly the email scanning either in or out usualy out since most email clients send first.

This most of the time occurs with improper configuration on the customers part, and occasionaly companies will do and update with will cause massive fun times for ISP's, but since this was affecting multiple AV programs (and I highly doubt that all of these companies came out with a patch the same day) I would agree with Luc that this probably was due to a feature that Microsoft implemented.

Oh and Faqt I still work for an ISP (but I don't do level1 or 2 tech support anymore ) but I did do the Tech1 thing for 3 years, and needless to say I feel do feel your pain
    LOGIN: yes
    PASSWORD: I dont have one
    "Login Failed"