Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Backing up to DVDs

what they don't tell you about the raid game. I can backup an entire hDD in 6 minutes. That's with the raid recovery feature I can activate at will. If I ever decided to clone my computer, I can remove the HDD without shutting down the computer. The magical part happens when I put said SATA drive into a mortal machine all data is there. Put said HDD back into workstation, I have the reprecated data.

This is why antionline is corp. shlt. People post to increase their post counts.... not their intelligence. You can read text books all you want but welcome to the real world. Heck, you can even backup stolen data to a mp3 device.

I would fire you for wasting 12 minutes each on some flacky DVD in a 8hr day

I would fire you for wasting 12 minutes each on some flacky DVD in a 8hr day
    Really? perhaps you should learn to read and comprehend first? the OP clearly stated that this was:

1. A one off requirement.
    2. For static data only.

There was no mention that this is a commercial requirement, on the other hand, the implication is that the need is a private, domestic one.

Also, DVDs are no more likely to be flaky (flack is WWII antiaircraft fire)
    than a hard drive. Basically you get what you pay for and are lucky enough to receive. At least with a DVD it generally either works first time and for many times afterwards, or it does not work at all. Hard drives can fail catastrophically, without warning, and at any time.

I won't even bother to insult the intelligence of professionals by commenting on relying on a RAID array as an archive or security backup............ RAID needs to be backed up just like anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    Really? perhaps you should learn to read and comprehend first?
    Ha ha. I commend you for your diligence on this topic, but I don't think he's worth your time.