Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: push emails to another account

alright
    cheers chaps
    will use webmail then!!
    thanks for all your advice
    like life, this is a test

The rest of the information in your post is mainly twaddle and pointless, because I doubt anyone on here is going to help you anyways (btw, XP Home edition dual-booting with linux running a web server? LOL).
    I don't understand. I dual boot XP Pro and Ubuntu...and I run a web server (apache) from ubuntu. What's the big deal?

If you're saying it's pointless...hell I don't think so. It's possible to run a web app (keeping in mind that port 80 is open @ his workplace) that allows you to access your email. Anybody even remotely familiar with Outlook Enterprise knows this.

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    Hmmmmm........ A Quick simple solution might be www.mail2web.com

This gives you a 'window' into the mail server account, allowing you to read, send, delete emails. However, be aware that if you delete an email from here, you will not recieve it on your computer.

This website allows you to connect to any mail server with a POP3 account.. It is quite simple to create a POP Connector on Exchange, and most other mail servers.

www.mail2web.com has become a highly useful tool, especially on the road and working from a POP Account. It allows you to get your mail from any computer in the world - as opposed to retreiving and downloading to a PC.

Also, it is useful in situations where a corporate laptop is connected to exchange and the VPN does not connect or fails - Just check it via interweb

Let me know if you can work with this?

Note: Most of the time, the IntelliLogin will work, however if it does not, use the advance login. IntelliLogin really only works if your email domain is registered on your DNS Server. For instance, you could have an email account mymail@mydomain.com - However mydomain.com is a hosted name on the mail.bigpond.com mail server and does not have a registered IP on public DNS. Therefore, the IntelliLogin will never find the @mydomain.com mail server, but with the Advance Login, you can specify that the account exists at mail.bigpond.com

[EDIT] I just realised that if the @mydomain.com does not exist on a public DNS, then you would never be able to send an email to that person...... What are your thoughts? [EDIT]

CTO
    Last edited by CybertecOne; November 1st, 2008 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Note about mail2web
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

Thanks CybertecOne I checked out the website, I know I am not the one needing help but it is always cool to learn of new ways to do things, if I ever need something like that I got it in my pocket lol... I think that will work for him, from what I can tell from his situation.
    http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...naturecopy.jpg

You Haven't Lived Until You Have Died...

Thanks CybertecOne I checked out the website, I know I am not the one needing help but it is always cool to learn of new ways to do things, if I ever need something like that I got it in my pocket lol... I think that will work for him, from what I can tell from his situation.
    Yea, it should work fine Once he has access to his mailbox, he can push the emails where ever he wants, and still download them at home. For all those networks that block unnessecary ports, what better way to check your mail than through port 80

CTO
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

cheers
    that is just the kind of thing i was looking for

many thank

No Problems...... It's my job to find acceptable solutions, so that 'people in your situation' dont have to try and circumvent network security etc...... Let me re-iterate....

Quote Originally Posted by NukEvil
    You see, when a corporate entity blocks access to or from something on it's network(s) or on the internet, they usually have a pretty good reason to do so. In this case, any reason could be, for example, limiting the attack vectors of viruses, trojans, and other assorted crap that would normally propogate themselves through e-mails. Limiting access to internal e-mails only (I assume your company has internal e-mail) is an extremely easy way to keep your company from getting infected with around 95% of whatever shouldn't have been on its network(s) in the first place.

Then, you say that the IT people got "edgy" when you ran wireshark (a packet sniffer/network analyser for those who don't know). This leaves me to assume that you're NOT in the company's IT department, and, as such, shouldn't have been running ANYTHING remotely to do with network analysing or ANYTHING remotely to do with modifying whatever computer settings your company has in place at the moment.
    - Albert Einstein

and that is all i wanted
    i just love computers and no heavy weight in ict i love to dabble
    a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing!!
    i am probably an admins worst nightmare i am sure!!!
    fyi the whole reason i am popular with admin at work is i 'accidentally' found their admin password (which was very insecure) whilst playing on my home network, a work laptop was connected at the time but i had forgotten about it. i was trying to put theory into practice with network password cracking between two of my own computers. anyhow all computers on the network were scanned and passwords dumped

as soon as i realised what i did i went to admin chaps and told them
    they got the right hump....... i mean a real cob on
    accused me of hacking the work network, could not understand how i could have got it otherwise..... i just told them it was stored locally on laptop and they should have know that and next time insted of telling them i would tell a worker with a grudge!! (all with a smile on my face!!!)
    would like to add never done anything like that since and it was an oversight on my part...