Thread: Ipod vs. Dell Jukebox

Ipod vs. Dell Jukebox

I'm currently in the processes of deciding on whether to buy the very popular ipod or the dell jukebox. I keep going back and forth one which one to buy so I was wondering if anyone has any input to help me out. Right now i know that the dell is cheaper and i've read that it is more durable. The ipod is very "clean" in design and that it seems to be the popular choose. Any help with my decision will be greatly appreciated.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    I've found my 3rd Gen iPod to be really durable. I dropped it once 4 feet and it fell on the corner of the device. Chipped the outside metal casing a bit but otherwise, unharmed. Heck, I've even dropped it during a transfer and it was fine. I'm very happen with my 15GB iPod and it's taken quite a bit of abuse, even going on a couple of bicycle tours (not just for music to listen to in the evening but also to store photos from the digital camera when on the road).
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Thank you for your reply MsMittens. I Just seen this today that dell has there new 30 GB mp3 jukebox out at the same price it would cost me to get a 20 GB ipod. So i think i'm going to go with the 30 GB Dell since it seems to be the best price for the buck.

Old Fart
    I'm still sold on Archos....just got the AV320 for one of the kids (I've got the JBM 20 myself). Who wants an mp3 player when they can have an mp3 player/camera/video camera/DVR for about the same amount of cash?
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Originally posted here by MsMittens
    I've found my 3rd Gen iPod to be really durable. I dropped it once 4 feet and it fell on the corner of the device. Chipped the outside metal casing a bit but otherwise, unharmed. Heck, I've even dropped it during a transfer and it was fine. I'm very happen with my 15GB iPod and it's taken quite a bit of abuse, even going on a couple of bicycle tours (not just for music to listen to in the evening but also to store photos from the digital camera when on the road).
    Wow, your nice to yours... I've dropped my mini 4 feet like 15 times... I would still call it durable even if it had broken by now... Battery is starting to loose charge though, which is a common issue with ipods. Every 18 months you have to get a new battery. I'm pretty sure the dells use the same type of battery, so that's gonna screw you no matter what.
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

I had a problem with my iPod, I wasn't able to transfer the music from it on my PC. I guess I never needed it until now. After searching several days for a good program that is able to transfer the music from my iPod to my PC I found Pod to PC. I hope it will help somebody if needs to transfer the music. It's very easy to use and it's the only one that worked on my iPod, I tried others but most of them displayer an error or other simply didn't run on Vista. This one works with my model and it's working on Vista to, although in the meantime I switched back to XP
    If you're interested you can download it here: http://www.downloadbestsoft.com/Pod-to-PC.html