Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phishing for twits

Isn't this the argument against any social networking app in the workplace?

They are just not mature enough to be trusted from a security viewpoint?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Yup but a lot of companies are using Twitter as a means to promote themselves as well as let customers know about updates and releases.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Banned
    Twitter's deal goes something like this, "You click my ads, I'll click yours. "

It's a shame that they still need the aid of Ashton Kutcher and major news networks to keep a populated userbase.

Yup but a lot of companies are using Twitter as a means to promote themselves as well as let customers know about updates and releases.
    Well, if you are too cheap to run a proper corporate website then you must expect to pay for the consequences.

lol

Brilliant from a marketing standpoint - pretty 'effin' sad from a social one ..
    "In most gardens they make the beds too soft - so that the flowers are always asleep" - Tiger Lily

Banned
    Well, if you are too cheap to run a proper corporate website then you must expect to pay for the consequences.
    I don't think it's got anything to do with being cheap... I cannot stand Twitter (I think it's the most-retarded thing around), BUT I did get my company a Twitter account (and I even try to update it once in a while). We're not too cheap to run a proper corporate website... we're just trying to take advantage of all available channels... I know that's kind of hard to understand for people over the age of 90 like yourself

It's a shame that they still need the aid of Ashton Kutcher and major news networks to keep a populated userbase.
    Bang on target! Perfectly said!

on the other hand.. I wouldn't give my password to anyone else except the website itself.. That would include not giving twitter / facebook / orkut anyone my hotmail password to find friends for me .. It would also include an app developed by some Chinese guy to log me onto any site what so ever .. ! With "SO" many social networking site's out there and so many other site's out there to support them (by adding stuff to your wall or scrap and other things) .. Life I think is just like SIMS !
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    Out Yesterday:

More than 60 percent of Twitter users stop using the social networking site one month after signing up for the service, according to new research.
    Source
    Last edited by MrLinus; April 30th, 2009 at 05:11 PM. Reason: fixed broken link
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    It's probably the spam factor and the overwhelming use of it by "social networking gurus" who are using it to voice their experience and such.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Is it me? Mostly all the popular radio stations and even tv are twittering this or facebooking that. Some even joke about it and call it stupid. As if someone sponsor put a gun to their heads to promote it. Websites even force you to sign in in order to twit. Databases are dangerous when they spot all those familiar cookies on your machine. No thanks.