So, this might belong in General Chit Chat, but it's actually about OSes, so I'll post it here.

I know most people have a favorite OS, I do too, but I still use a lot more than anyone should I guess. So the question is, just for fun, how many PCs do you have and what OS do you run on them, but also why and for what?

So here are mine, in no particular order:

1. Mac G5 PPC: OSX Tiger (10.4.11):
I used to use it for Web Development, games, etc -- Now I use it for TV, movies, games, since I have a big monitor and surround sound

2. Dell Desktop: Windows XP:
Has decent amount of RAM and a very nice video card, I use it primarily for games, but also for school, since some classes I have are IE only.

3. Mac G3 OSX OSX Tiger (10.4.11):
This is actually my wife's PC, I don't ever tough it unless it needs something(our agreement, so that she has one PC that is totally hers)

4. Dell Desktop (Ubuntu/XP)
For my kids, they have the Ubuntu PC and then XP in dual boot to play games that have been bought for them

5. Dell Laptop (Ubuntu/XP)
I dual boot for when I want to play games on XP and I am traveling, but the main OS is Ubuntu, with Compiz and all the bells and whistles, this is my favorite PC/OS. I have a VM on Ubuntu for when I don't want to reboot for school or work when I am using Ubuntu.

6. Older PC scratch Built ( Clarkconnect)
This is the first PC I built and I am using it as a gateway/router

7. Older HP Server (VM ESXi)
For fun on a virtual network

8. Old Aptiva (Smoothwall)
As a router for the virtual network

9. OLd Gateway Pentium 2 ( BSD)
Because I want to learn BSD

Anyway that's where I am with PCs and OSes, what are you folks doing?