Thread: Multi Boot Ubunu DVD

Talking Multi Boot Ubunu DVD

Hello

I have recently started using Ubuntu and I am quite fond of it. However I have also come across several different variations of Ubuntu that i would like to also try out. I actually wouldnt mind using more than 1 at a time. Anyway, i wanted to make like a multi boot dvd containing the distros so i wouldnt have to make a setup cd for each one. Similar to like a windows all in one cd, but linux style.

The variations that attracted me the most, aside from Ubuntu itself, were: Mythbuntu- im into the media center thing and would love to find a replacement to the windows version
    Ubuntu Studio- i am also an aspiring artist and im always looking for free alternatives to photoshop and the such
    Ultimate edition- just for kicks, i am a casual gamer as well.

There is like a different version of Ubuntu for everything im interested in. Im realy anxious to start using these different editions. i only have a 80 gig hdd and I just setup a partition for vista home premium for about 50 of that 80 earlier today with the intention of just installing Ubuntu. But then i found these other ones and i want do all of em

Just Another Geek
    They're all the same, only the packages that get installed during installation are different. You can use just one variant and just install the needed packages.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

you know what, i noticed that after installing ultimate edition. although this one is a good starting point as it comes preloaded with alot of nifty utilities, ill just add on little by little.

another thing, i think i solved an ongoing problem with people with nvidia cards not being able to use desktop effects completely by accident. it seems like a solid fix, slight graphical errors but nothing too bad

anyway thanks for the response.