Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WiFi Security Paint

Well,

The paint technology is based on absorption, a similar concept to the acoustic tiles on a nuclear submarine? so there is no possibility of build up. If anything, you would get hit by slightly less than in an untreated building as some of the stray signals and external sources would be absorbed.

If there were a build up, it would create background noise that would screw up your WiFi.

Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    Well,

The paint technology is based on absorption, a similar concept to the acoustic tiles on a nuclear submarine? so there is no possibility of build up. If anything, you would get hit by slightly less than in an untreated building as some of the stray signals and external sources would be absorbed.

If there were a build up, it would create background noise that would screw up your WiFi.
    We both know that... My point is that the average office worker is ignorant and paranoid.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

Banned
    I smell "infomercial"... a cardboard box covered in that paint... if you suspect that your wireless network is being hacked, you throw your router in the box, and you're safe!

Reminds me of that "network security device" that was being marketed (in infomercials, of course) a few years ago; in essence, it was nothing but a switch to turn off the network connection to your PC in case you suspected you were being hacked

AOs Resident Troll
    We both know that... My point is that the average office worker is ignorant and paranoid.
    make these standard issue for the ID 10Ts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_foil_hat

That way they will be easily identified

<snicker>

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

I smell "infomercial"...
    I don't think so, this is just an academic POC at this stage by university types at that. I guess they might be fishing for research grants perhaps.

My point is that the average office worker is ignorant and paranoid.
    Which is a good thing. They should be nurtured like mushrooms............kept in the dark and fed bull$h1t

With current paranoia about global warming and greenhouse gases it wouldn't be too difficult to explain away a new coat of paint and "energy efficient" windows?

Anyways, who would say anything in the current economic climate? it would be more that their "jobsworth"........... literally.

To be perfectly honest I have not found the average office user to be ignorant and paranoid. Mind you, I can only speak of my European experiences.

Where they would probably get really p1$$ed off would be that it might easily prevent them using their mobile phones.

Banned
    I wasn't implying that those researchers would be after marketing their discovery in an infomercial. Billy Mays on the other hand...

Actually I was thinking of something interesting. If this concept could be modified and used on electronics that are failing or being interfered with due to RFI maybe it could help if you smothered it with the stuff! haha!

I know the FCC mandates that an electronic device must have a certain tolerance for such interference but, it might be interesting to see what happens in that scenario?