Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google is so funny

Banned

Google is so funny

Anyone know anything about google's policy on their searches?

I've been using the same search syntax for the past two or more years now... and they're just now picking up to the fact that "it's either automated or has something to do with malware".

Im wondering if I could just hammer them with otherwise normal requests... to the point where it's automaticly picked up as a threat.

what Search Syntax are you inputting..?

Banned
    Last edited by The-Spec; January 17th, 2009 at 11:18 AM.

Yeah got the
    but your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer virus or spyware application. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now. We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In the meantime, if you suspect that your computer or network has been infected, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to make sure that your systems are free of viruses and other spurious software.
    If you're continually receiving this error, you may be able to resolve the problem by deleting your Google cookie and revisiting Google. For browser-specific instructions, please consult your browser's online support center.
    If your entire network is affected, more information is available in the Google Web Search Help Center.
    We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google.
    I've noticed that if you happen to do search queries relating to old exploits and you are using a warn out proxie you can pull that error page up an awful lot.

The-Spec,

OMG!

The humiliation of it all?.............. you have been sussed by Google?

In the past I would have argued that Google wouldn't detect 4 simultaneous 20 Megaton airbursts................. seems they are sharpening up

I've had that happen a few times, but there was no rhyme nor reason, did the same queries after getting this error and they worked.

I worked a brief stint for Geek Squad (shamed to say) and they found 90% of their answers on Google. After awhile they figured we must be a virus b/c we just spammed the sh*t out of them every day for hours.

Banned
    StopBadware.org's database seems like it would be fun to play around with too. Imagine perfectly normal sites' results coming back with unwarranted warnings near their links.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Google added "logic" to reduce the abuse of their search engine for nefarious purposes. When I contacted them directly about this issue, they were very guarded about how it works and what specifically will trigger it. There is a timeout value set to allow you to search again, and I've found that it is around 24 hours in the cases where it cranked out a nastygram to us.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

What are you doing, searching for sites to 'wear fishnets'?
    Last edited by westin; January 22nd, 2009 at 01:19 AM.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST