Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CISSP and CISM certification..

CISSP and CISM certification..

Hey,

I gave my SSCP exam last month and now I’m planning for Associate of CISSP on 4th of April and then CISM on 13th June..

I need some "pointers" on how to go about it.. I've got CISSP book from Shon Harris and Official ISC2 text book too. However there is no relevant material that I found (except Q and A books on isaca's site) to study for CISM exam.. How do I go about studying for CISM ?

Whatever tips you guys have please let it flow.. I just want in general ways to go about studying for these 2 exams’.. Except study 2 hours a day one..

Thanks a lot ..
    Last edited by ByTeWrangler; February 2nd, 2009 at 10:10 AM.
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Try visiting here: http://www.cccure.org/

When I did my CISSP, I went there to learn and do some test questions. Helped lots. (they have questions for CISSP and CISM)
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Thanks..

Long time eh ? .. I miss Tiger..
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Believe in yourself.

My study

When I studied for CISSP, I focused allot on doing practice exam questions because the folks at ISC2 have an interesting way of phrasing those questions. In my experience the questions on the CD that comes with the "official" text book are the closest to the real thing but I also managed to get my hands on questions from a number of other books/sources and found those equally as valuable (including Shon Harris ones which were some of the more difficult ones)

Good luck!

Thanks.. really excited for this though.. just got a mail from ISC2.. I've cleared my SSCP exam.. ..
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Believe in yourself.

Hey.. I just want to know one more thing.. Passing the CISSP.. How much does that benefit.. Since I only have 2 years of work experience will passing CISSP give me the same boost as passing it after 5 years of work experience.. Logically it should give me more but I just want to know from an employers point of view.. Would he / she value my ASSOCIATE OF CISSP as much as a CISSP.. ?
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Believe in yourself.

Do you have a college degree?

It should help in regards to positions with security management requirements. This is one of those certifications that matter because of the nature, reputation and difficultness of the cert itself. (IMO -- YMMV).
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

Yeah.. But I have a Bachelors in commerce.. .. Its sort of a let down.. however I wish to make it up with CISSP and CISM ..

I'm going for MBA next year in IT and Systems.. however before I do, I want to earn my way through it too..

What are the chances of getting a good security analyst / administrator / * job with Associate of CISSP and CISM..

PS : Don't call me crazy here but what are the chances of doing CISSP in 11 days ?
    Last edited by ByTeWrangler; February 7th, 2009 at 07:15 PM.
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Believe in yourself.

Depends on your knowledge and your ability to study. Life distracted me when I was studying so it took about a year and half to get it all down pat (e.g., job switching, creating courses, etc.)

Hey .. I'm scheduled for CISSP on 21st march.. I got my SSCP cert ..

I just have one question.. although its different from the title of the thread..

I'm already a SSCP and Ill hopefully be CISSP associate of ISC2 in a month..

I want to know if its better to do CISA or CISM.. ?

I went through few surveys and I did not see CISM featured anywhere.. I just saw CISA.. I was wondering after doing CISSP is it better to get CISA or CISM ? I've already registered for CISM but I can change for CISA if I want before April 12th.
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Believe in yourself.