Thread: Ad-Aware happy birthday!

Smile Ad-Aware happy birthday!

Lavasoft's Ad-Aware is 10 years old (doesn't time fly when you're having fun?)

They have now released an "Anniversary Edition" and you will doubtless be offered an update next time you use an older version.

Watch out! they will do their damnedest to sell you one of their commercial versions. The basic version is still free, however, just don't try to register it; that's for the commercial versions.

The major differences that I can see (for the free version) are:

1. Interactive protection
    2. Automatic updates
    3. Internet tracks eraser
    4. Faster scanning with more options

I have almost stopped using Adaware. It seems like anymore when I use it to scan a system showing symptoms of infection, it just shows me a bunch of cookies. Then I will scan with Spybot, or Malware bytes, and find several instances of Malware.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    I have almost stopped using Adaware. It seems like anymore when I use it to scan a system showing symptoms of infection, it just shows me a bunch of cookies. Then I will scan with Spybot, or Malware bytes, and find several instances of Malware.
    I was about to post a similar thing, well atleast until i read the 2nd post and seen that someone else beat me to it.

Although i did download this "Anniversary Edition" and they certainly are pushing the whole "Purchase" thing, i ran the scans out of curiosity and noticed that it just isn't as good as it used to be.

AO's Filibustier Cheap Scotch Ron's Avatar
    Avast is doing similar. They are celebrating 75 million users. Order before midnight and you can upgrade to the pro version for a 25% discount.
    In God We Trust....Everything else we backup.

I updated to the new version for free as posted, and though I do use Spybot as well, I've always used Ad-Aware.

Back when I first started using Anti Apyware stuff, Ad-Aware was the first one I ever used, and I've kept a copy around since. I use both Spybot, and Ad-Aware with AVG Free for my laptop.

I thought it was ncie of them to do this personally.

Of course they could be nicer and send me about 30 pounds of India Spiced Chai.... I'd like that way more. I still haven't been to bed yet, and I've had....This is cup #15 of Black Chai....I think I'm addicted. And the weird part?

I used to drink some tea when I was younger, but the only ones I liked were Black Tea (Hot Only) and Lipton Regular.

My Wife, while we were both sick this last week, said to try some as it would help my sore throat. That was 19 cups ago with Milk, Sugar, and a few with Honey.