View Poll Results: Did this speedup script work for you?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes noticed an improvement.

1 50.00%
  • Nope still taking it's sweet time.

0 0%
  • I surfin the interwebz.

1 50.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Speeding Up Internet Explorer 8.

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc View Post
    damn well that was easy. It's my firewall settings. Now I just have to figure out which...
    You an Administrator for a computer security site, this should be a no-brainer...

No, I'm a forum manager, for 29 forums. If I had expertise in each of the topics those 29 forums cover, few companies would be able to afford me.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc View Post
    No, I'm a forum manager, for 29 forums. If I had expertise in each of the topics those 29 forums cover, few companies would be able to afford me.

True, true... But you should of by now picked a few bit's of no-how during your time here, to learn how to configure a firewall.

I do know how, just didn't realize until now that was the issue. I know how to exempt specific IPs from traffic scanning.

Banned
    You an Administrator for a computer security site, this should be a no-brainer
    Most of the members on this site have had their bullshit blogs defaced. And almost everyone who's had mod status here between 2003-'06 have either had their accounts taken over or have been talked into doing something silly to someone else's account.

If you beat your chest and refer to yourself as a "computer security expert", especially at this point... then you're a douchebag.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Spec View Post
    Most of the members on this site have had their bullshit blogs defaced.
    I must be lucky then, cause it hasn't happened to me yet.
    And almost everyone who's had mod status here between 2003-'06 have either had their accounts taken over or have been talked into doing something silly to someone else's account.
    And haven't had my usr account ghosted yet either.. And haven't been lucky enough for a member try to social me into doing something cheeky neither..

I'm starting to feel left out of now..

If you beat your chest and refer to yourself as a "computer security expert", especially at this point... then you're a douchebag.

Banned
    I think what JPncy actually wanted to say was... that he doesn't spend three to eight hours infront of his computer collecting cheetos stains like everyone else here.

I do spend quite a number of hours in front of the PC but I have to divide it between 29 forums. I also try to squeeze a life in between, here and there.

I think what JPncy actually wanted to say was... that he doesn't spend three to eight hours infront of his computer collecting cheetos stains like everyone else here.
    Actually JPnyc is somewhat similar to myself/ He just gathers beer, claret, burgundy, port, whisky and brandy stains

How else do you learn the dulcet skills of keyboard repair?

And before any of you ask..................... how could I miss a target that large? ................ very infrequently .................

I resent the implication. I never ever spilled booze. I was taught it's a sin to waste it when there are children in the world going to bed sober.