Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adobe and PDF secuirty for Windows Networks

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Scotch Ron View Post
    My mac (leopard) can display pdfs without additional software. Can also print to a pdf without additional software. Suggest you use the apparent built-in feature/function.
    Hm... did not know that. I mainly deal with the PCs, but I know I have seen some macs around here with Adobe on them. Thanks CSR.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    I am not aware of one... When that update came out, it maxed out our bandwidth here for several hours. I ended up blocking adobe.com until after everyone had left for the day, so it didn't slow us down too much.
    This happened at my work too, it maxed out our T1 so we blocked the adobe update site at the firewall which several days later landed us in hot water during a security assesment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cider View Post
    We are an Adobe Reseller and I can confirm that Adobe has no such product or peer-to-peer effort where one adobe product can update from a workstation on the same network to downsize bandwidth from the internet.

Really sucks I know.

Something like Secunia network version might be able to do so, not too sure, onmly played with the personal version.
    Thank you for you input. And I have used Foxit at home and I may consider here at work as well. Thanks for the suggestion Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by kylesup View Post
    This happened at my work too, it maxed out our T1 so we blocked the adobe update site at the firewall which several days later landed us in hot water during a security assesment.

Thank you for you input. And I have used Foxit at home and I may consider here at work as well. Thanks for the suggestion Ron.
    I made sure to unblock the site after peak hours, so as to continue the updates.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST