Thread: Affidavit and Search Warrant

In utter and endless vanity. Humbleness, oh how I miss thee.

Affidavit and Search Warrant

Alright. So it's my last term in Computer Forensics and the assignment is to create an Affidavit and Search Warrant (I know the judge usually does the search warrant, but they're making us). My instructor is assigning me a case as soon as I go in and talk to him. I'm suppose to ask him important questions that I'll need to fill out both Affidavit and SW. (Kinda cheating by asking you guys, I know.. ) So here's my questions:

-What kind of important questions should a computer forensics examiner ask when he is first handed the case?
    -What type of questions would a cop ask when he is trying to find out information to get a search warrant?

I want to catch my instructor with a little social engineering so those kinds of questions would help nicely too.

Cheers!
    GodlySoup
    This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch. The beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias. You wage wars, murder, cheat, lie to us and try and make us think it's for our own good, yet we are the criminals. Yes I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. I am a hacker and this is my manifesto. You may stop me but you can't stop us all.

That's right. I'm 10100111001.

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    PM me with more details
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me