Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: adicted to wifi and need a auto cracker for it

adicted to wifi and need a auto cracker for it

Last edited by apez1267; November 27th, 2013 at 02:58 AM.

Greetz.

If the access point was meant to be used by out-siders then there would not be a psswrd..

And as far as an app to help you piggyback onto the access point, well me thinkz you are at the wrong site, cause most members here get paid to stop people with your intentions from doing what you wish to achieve..

Now i'm going to leave this thread remain open for a little while longer, and i'll let the members have there fun..

Oohh and welcome to AntiOnline.

ok , thx 4 leting me know up front tho

my question is if there is a program that i would simply need to have the ssid and click on it and then it would get me the pasword for that router
    I don't think so as the SSID and encryption/password protection are two different things. If what you are suggesting were readily available it would render most wireless networks useless from a security viewpoint.

You should also bear in mind that gaining unauthorised access may well be a criminal offence in your locality.

If the access point was meant to be used by out-siders then there would not be a psswrd..
    I think in that case the router is set to the "any" option, and your PC should detect it on bootup.

Perhaps you should do a bit of Googling to find where the local free providers are in your area.

Over here (UK) it is pretty much all public libraries, railway stations, bus stations, airports, local government offices, tourist information centres, and a whole range of cafes, bars, hotels, and restaurants.

If you go to conferences and meetings then I would suggest you ask the organisers. They usually have "guest" facilities that are password protected to restrict the usage to attendees.
    Last edited by nihil; May 3rd, 2009 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by apez1267 View Post
    thx 4 the post but ill stick with home , i just got the stupid idea from some of my friends who are realy good with back track but wont tell me how to use it

Greetz,

Why not just download backtrack and play around with it, it is not a hard thing to learn the basics off. And if you get stuck then either start a thread here and or query google.

cheers
    t34b4g5..

apez1267, we haven't been blessed with someone like you for so long I think members have forgotten how to respond. Times have changed!

First, let me get you started:
    providing you have an Atheros card,
    ( in a terminal window )
    airmon-ng stop ath0

airmon-ng start wifi0

airodump-ng ath0

I use those for recon ......... but not for finding targets to crack, but when setting up a W.A.P.
    It is nice to know the channels being used in the area, the signal strength, etc.
    My son has used it to crack into systems he is responsible for, just to show how easy it is ( and thus how insecure they are ) because many people ( especially those in charge of computer systems ) are just clueless as to what computer security is and need to be shown how bad the systems are ( that is what BackTrack and others are for. )

As stated by others, using someone's wireless may be a criminal offense, but I will go one further:
    Even if you do not use the connection, in some places just monitoring ( cracking the encryption and just looking at the information being sent ) is another, separate criminal offense, simply because the signal was encrypted.

Not to mention having the tools to do so ( yet another, separate criminal offense. )

And wait!
    Teaching someone how to use them can be yet another criminal offense!

( And no, when I helped my son learn to use BackTrack to crack WEP I broke no laws, because he was only interested in pen-testing networks he was responsible for; it was instructional for legitimate purposes. )

Tell your idiot friends that BackTrack ( notice it is one word ) is " focused on penetration testing. "
    There are many more tools in it then just those to crack WEP, and maybe, if you are really interested in computers, you should learn to use them; maybe then you could impress them.
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes

As IKnowNot points out, these are not hacker tools, but security analysis applications. As such they are in no way covert or subtle. They assume that you have the legal authority to use them and will use them for legal purposes only; so they don't attempt to hide their presence or activities.

They can also be quite complex............BackTrack for example, contains something like 300 individual applications.

As for legality, you have to consider both federal and state legislation.

http://artofhacking.com/tucops/etc/l...h_maryland.htm

Perhaps the most important thing to consider is your own security? There have been numerous instances of people setting up fake sites near popular public hotspots, so make sure that you are connected to the legitimate site.

Then there are these apparently unsecured nodes...............are they a deliberate trap?

In any case I wouldn't use one because if the people who set them up really don't know what they are doing, there is a fair chance that they are owned, and if you connect to their network then you will be as well.

Last edited by apez1267; November 27th, 2013 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by apez1267 View Post
    but can you make it a little less obvious that you have been looking me up?
    Greetz..

What do you mean by looking you up?