Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Error on Server

Error on Server

Hi,
    i'm having a problem on my HP Database Server, here is the error:the device \device\scsi\acc1, did not respond within the timeout period

I have RAID 5 (4 Disks), i belive there is one hard drive failing. How can i check it?
    Is there a software (beside the RAID firmware) that i can run on windows 2003 server to do a RAID check up ??

Thanks.
    Best Regards.

AOs Resident Troll
    Doesnt Hp have a server management utility....I would call thier tech support...as it does sound like a disk failure.....and your gonna need another drive.

What kind if server is it...like in model???

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

It's a HP ML 350 Server.

I have been checking my options, or is indeed a disk failure, or could be to much amount of data for one processor, and it's causing bad writing to one disk, or something with the power or maybe the scsi cable.

I must make a raid test, because this happend last year once, and until yesterday was working fine, and for the first time the server stalled. Im going to check today better if all disks have a green colour, or if there is one amber or yellow

Guys i really need a hand on this. I have entered the SCSI Card configuration, and run a Disk test on all 4 Disks, everything went fine. I rebooted the server, and the start up information from the array, now says that the RAID 5 is Optimal, and all 4 drives are working. But when i check the disk lights on the server, the 2nd disk, is still Ambar, the light is more week than the rest of the drives.

What could this mean?

This could be that the scan detect some flaw and move the data, but im pretty sure, that when booted and accepted the default configuration for the RAID, the server stopped beeping and i think that the raid got Optimal.

Hi, i really need a hand here. I checked and checked again, the ARRAY is now Optimal, but the light on the drive is still Ambar. Im trying to download the icp Storage Manager, but i don't know my serial number or my TSID, so i can't download.
    Any toughts?

Thanks.

Just Another Geek
    Call support. Replace the drive.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I have already replaced the drive, but i was unable to join the new drive to the RAID 5 Array. I also managed to instal the Storage Manager, but im not sure of what steps to join the new drive to the array.
    I don't want to lose any data, ITS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Already done backup, but i don't want to lose any data, this is a database server, there is a lot of work on this data base (instalation configuration,etc).
    Thanks.

Just Another Geek
    How the heck did you manage to get that job if you have no clue what you are doing?

Call support, they'll be able to guide you through it.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I never used this program in my life, so i prefer to ask than to screw up. This was a very strange error, the drive that failed, is again working, and i managed to perform a rebuild. It is at this time rebuilding, i will post the result at the end.

The adaptec suport is not working, at least for free, you have to pay $199 to ask for suport.

Thanks for you thoughts guys.

Best Regards.