Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Error on Server

There are Island areas here in Michigan too. My cousin went up to one of them a few years ago, and I personally had no idea there were still remote areas like this with people living on them here in Michigan. Apparently if someone gets hurt there, they have to fly them out to the main land of the state because it's very small, very remote (You have to take a large ship / boat, to get there, and the signs all warn about going slow because of the roads being hard to drive on).

So I can sort of understand that. What concerned me, was you're saying the temp control. If you do have issues with keeping the rooms these are stored in cool, or can't really get AC in them, that alone is probably not exactly helping with these hardware issues. Heat can do many things to Computers. I'd be a little worried about servers in a hot room without some form of AC.

I'm not sure about fixing a hard drive, as I'm not to great with hardware, and from what I understand, it's something that needs a "clean room" with special air filters and other things I can't imagine working in... But heat can kill hardware. Hard Drives that aren't cooled in some form, or stored in a hot room for too long, will eventually die.

Do you have good cooling on the machines? Or, those little hard drive coolers maybe? (I'm not sure what type of server you've got other than HP, but I know there are little fans you can get for hard drives to keep them from overheating to much).

Anyway, it sounds like to me that you were put in a situation that's really hard to fix without tech support people, and if the temp problems are as you said, I'm not really sure what else you'd be able to do.

There room where i am have AC, but i would prefer to put the servers on a Rack with it's own cooling system, and UPS, but then again, they cannot afford that at this moment (crises).

The sensor marks 26ºc but the sensor is on the roof, so near the floor (where the servers are) should be cooler. I would like very much to take all the equipment of this room, but it will require a lot of money effort.
    i also have concern with the room temperature, specially when the summer comes :S

Thanks for the reply

Well, it's good you've got the right idea. I know that stuff costs quite a lot, I used to freak out beyond belief over cooling. All I had at the time, was a Pentium 3 @ 733 MHz, and I was freaking out thinking it was too hot, and ended up sliding the side case off, putting a desktop Fan right on the desk pointing at the Motherboard, and keeping it that way.

I wanted to do a neat project, but never got around to it:

Taking one of those mini fridges, and modifying it to build the Motherboard and Computer components right inside of it, and using that to keep the machine cool.

The problem was probably having to destroy one of those fridges to do it, which probably costs more than Liquid cooling anyway heh.

Anyway, good luck to you with getting this thing finally fixed up for you, and Hopefully your boss can see that it's important to have an actual contracted tech support so you won't have to deal with this stuff anymore.

I really don't mind to deal with this, im paid for it, ihihih.

I now segate have a disk tool to repair this kind of erros, im just not sure if HP have it. I have checked there website and i can't find it. I email HP tech support asking for a solution for the drive. Is there a way to recover and work 100% or should i give up fixing and throw it away, ihihih.

I have already a replacement disk, for this drive, all i need to do, is to make a rebuild in the new drive. But if i can save the other drive, it would be nice :P

Thanks for reply and support Gore.
    Best Regards.