Thread: HP 3210 Printer - Feature wont allow me to print..help

HP 3210 Printer - Feature wont allow me to print..help

Hi there, I am doing a college project about the treasury and i need to print small images of money (they have sample stampd on it..they are black and white also and not even to scale) and even with all that off about the image..When i print it, the image has this stamp over it saying "RULESFORUSE.ORG" and like i understand the whole counterfeiting protection but i cant print my final project when this happens its a pain. So is there anyway i can change the firmware or change something to let me do this?? Any help would be great. Thank You

Hey dmg2006,

I looked through that website and noticed that it is permissible to copy currency in the United States so long as it's black and white AND

"are less than three-quarters or greater than one-and-one-half times the size, in linear dimension, of any part of the original item being reproduced."

So my question is about the scale you are trying to print, does it meet those specifications? If not try resizing to those specifications and you might have the solution to your problem.

Hope this helps,
    - Raion

EDIT: Did some reading about the technology and it only forbids certain bills so if your project allows the use of a smaller bill then go for it.

Source: http://archive.cert.uni-stuttgart.de.../msg00168.html
    Last edited by Raion; May 28th, 2009 at 12:05 AM.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!