Thread: Unable to see posts

Unable to see posts

Dunno if i need to be varified by a Moderator or whatever, but i can't see anyone elses posts, whether its in tips n tricks or tutorials section...

Whats going on?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Apparently you can see posts since you've replied to some. Is it more that your posts aren't appearing??
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

the only way I can see posts is by using "todays posts" link and "new posts". I do have the option to create new posts in the different areas of the forum, but can't see anything in there apart from sticky's.

eg. if I do, Antionline Forums - Maximum Security for a Connected World > AntiOnline Site Related > Oops! A Bug! I can't see any posts in there, but I created a new post as I have the button to do so.

Any thoughts?

Banned
    There should be something there that lets you view all posts through the year. You'll need to use that... and it sucks.

Please go to your UserCP Then click the Edit Options

and then scroll down to Thread Display Options And then just change the

Default Thread Age Cut Off

You may specify a time period from which to display threads. Threads older than the age you specify will not be shown. Default Thread Age Cut Off
    And just select "Show threads from the last year".

Scroll to the bottom, and then click save and see if that helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    It should be like that by default though. Normally that's something you'd never even need to fool around with on a forum. Secondly, the moment you physically have to point things out to people is when you should think about a website overhaul.

Banned
    the moment you physically have to point things out to people is when you should think about a website overhaul.
    Some people will need hands-holding no matter how many times you overhaul the system...

Thanks guys, Found it eventually haha.

lol I agree with the spec, "Normally that's something you'd never even need to fool around with on a forum."

I don't think it needs an overhaul, just that option changed by default to show all time.

I don't think it needs an overhaul
    You're right.. more then you know actually.. Last "overhaul" screwed things around here..
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTeWrangler View Post
    You're right.. more then you know actually.. Last "overhaul" screwed things around here..
    Considering the original vbulletin software that was being used previously, and all the custom addons and change to the code over the time that JP did when he owned the site then once Jup aquired AO, and they also put in changes to the site & did more changes to the code to make it a lil more secure, then once they did the major upgrade.

I think they did a decent job, they could of just wiped everything and started from scratch, but they were able to port all user data over, and retain majority of features also.

There are only a few small bugs currently around the site, but they are mainly un-noticable..

& this is the first i've heard of someone not being able to see threads/Posts, and it was just a matter of them going into there userCP and changing 1 setting, and the problem was solved.

Just think when they did the big upgrade they could of started from scratch, and yet people would of still complained... So either way a decision had to be made, and thus this is the result of there hardwork.