Hi

I just joined with a startup company and I have been asked to do an assignment that says that I have to block all the messengers and websites the employees may use like, for eg. google talk, msn messenger, yahoo messenger, orkut, facebook, etc.

I searched about google talk and I found a answer which says:

Disabling Google Talk on my network

If you need to disable Google Talk on your network, we suggest blocking DNS lookups to both talk.google.com and talkx.l.google.com, by returning 127.0.0.1.
But the problem is I am not able to add the DNS lookups - I dont know how to. I'll explain the network configuration used:

1. The ISP provider has given a broadband line that goes into the modem they provided, the model is Beetel 450BXI - ADSL2 + Router (lets call this Modem X).

2. Modem X has both LAN outputs (no machine is connected to these) and WiFi transmitter (which I have disabled).

3. Modem X is connected to a NETGEAR Router WGR614v9 (lets call this Router Y) via LAN. And Router Y is the one that trasmits the WiFi to all the nodes we have in the office.

4. No machine is connected to Modem X or Router Y through LAN ports - all use WiFi.

Now how can I do the Website and Messenger Blocking for this configuration? Please keep in mind, we cannot connect the machine thru LAN cables as we dont have the infrastructure for these.

I really need help on this. Thanks a lot.