Thread: ** OPERA 10 ** IS AVAILABLE.

** OPERA 10 ** IS AVAILABLE.

OPERA 10 IS OUT ! (I'm really really excited)

Change log : http://www.opera.com/docs/changelogs/windows/1000/
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

Ahhhhh yes, I got my update notification earlier. The last great Hope of Windows browsers reaches a new number lol.

I've long since ditched Firefox out of pure annoyance with it. Remember the good ol' days when Firefox actually worked properly? Ahh good times. I still miss REAL Netscape. I don't care what people say about it, it was a damn fine browser and loaded fast.

For those who aren't quite ready for the Opera wagon to roll by, the Mozilla community DOES have Seamonkey. Which is the quicker browser that isn't bogged down to crap by everything in Firefox. Good luck finding it because you won't see it mentioned anywhere unless you google the name. It seems to be the only way to find it since mozilla rarely has a word at all about it. It also has the mail client "SeaMonkey Mail" and, of course, it's faster than Thunderbird too.

Someone really needs to do something about Browsers today. They're all going to crap. Linux and BSD generally have so many to choose from but a lot of them aren't Windows workable, like, for example, Konqueror, which, isn't the best, but works alright, and of course Galeon, which I miss too (It used to be my favorite).

I quit on firefox somewhere between V 1.8 to V 2. It just sucked.

First thing i do after installing linux on VM is to un-install firefox and install opera..
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTeWrangler View Post
    I quit on firefox somewhere between V 1.8 to V 2. It just sucked.

First thing i do after installing linux on VM is to un-install firefox and install opera..
    lol, thats the first thing i did after installing the latest ubuntu studio. which by the way the new rt kernels dont work well with nvidia based cards.

I recently went back to Opera. Firefox is just too bloated these days I guess? All I know is that it loads awfully slow under a fresh Slackware install *and* a fresh XP install. SeaMonkey is fast, but it's kinda ugly (guess I could install skins?) - I didn't mess w/ the IRC or email part though. I tried Chrome a while back when it first came out and wasn't impressed, but I d/l it earlier today and I have to say, it may take my default browser slot.

Good to see AO is still going and some old-schoolers are still around. Peace Out.

-Wiski
    My Corner of the Intarwebz: Jeremy Dean Online

Hmmmmm,

I loaded FF 3.5.1 on an XP SP3 box................it took ages to start up the first time. I tried a variety of tweaks suggested on the net but had no joy.

I then upgraded to 3.5.2, and the damn thing wouldn't even start.......... I am not a patient man and 15 minutes was long enough to ditch it. Not only wouldn't it work but it killed IE8 and K-Meleon at the same time! Funnily enough Opera 9.64 was immune to this and continued to work normally.