Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FireFox 3.5.3 Released.

I don't like opera, mainly the interface and the menu's are setup all confusing, as long as it's not a sys resource hog, no mem leaks is customizable and loads my pr0n then i'm happy.

Also it has to be able to let me have tons of toolbars more the better as we all know the more toolbars your browser has the better it must be.

I downloaded Google's Chrome over the weekend. The interface is nice, and I haven't come across any pages that it mangles yet. It does seem to be resource hungry though.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    chrome is resource hungry, but that is intentional. Each tab is like a completely separate browser.

You know how in firefox/opera/whatever, if you run into a screwed up page, it will crash the browser? In chrome, it only crashes the tab that page was in.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Banned
    I used netscape when I was a kid. All browsers seem fast by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by souleman View Post
    chrome is resource hungry, but that is intentional. Each tab is like a completely separate browser.

You know how in firefox/opera/whatever, if you run into a screwed up page, it will crash the browser? In chrome, it only crashes the tab that page was in.
    I noticed that... Although FF is pretty good about reloading the tabs that you lost, but I understand Google's intentions... Not a bad idea really.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    I noticed that... Although FF is pretty good about reloading the tabs that you lost, but I understand Google's intentions... Not a bad idea really.
    The really only difference that i've noticed is that if the browser is left open for long periods of time with multiple tabs left open, Chrome seems to still stay responsive and not give that lagg effect, were as in FF it starts to get a lil lagg and the mem usage slowly get's higher and higher.

If they were able to control the whole mem leak and sys resource part FF could be a stable browser.