Thread: Virus Problem with the PC and Laptop

Exclamation Virus Problem with the PC and Laptop

Hello everyone
    Recently, my computer got infected by a virus. The virus name is winfix.exe . It comes under a folder called tmp, and is of 128kb size. Since its copying ,the virus opens my documents automatically by default. This virus has found his way through my pen drive which i use at cybercafe's. On investigation, i've found that he virus hides in the tmp folder and hides even while using the Restriction Removal tool,though it does show being deleted while i try to delete it from my pen drive . And Avira Antivirus fails to detect it as virus. Its quite clever as even Windows searches fail to detect it, and autorun.inf does not get deleted,even renamed. The virus has spread from my desktop to my laptop, and is now affecting its performance. What should i do, any suggestions??? Formatting my desktop is the last thing i'd like to do.

Try MalwareBytes Anti-Malware free version (link here). Download it, install it, update it, and scan with it. You may have to scan in safe mode, but it's not always the case. Do this for your computers as well as your portable drives (plug portable drive into computer and select it in the scan options). You will most likely have to reboot during the removal process.
    Last edited by NukEvil; September 29th, 2009 at 06:56 PM.