Thread: Speakers Problem

Speakers Problem

I have Lunar Music Club speakers

in start they were working fine. but recently they r continuously making siir siir like sounds.
    i noticed that when i use my mouse the sound increases can any one know wat is the exact prob thanx
    ----=E-criminal=----

lol - "siir siir like sounds" eh?

Some speakers receive interference from other electrical devices (namely nearby cell-phones). However, this usually produces more of a "morse-code" kinda sound rather than a "siir siir" (I've noticed this many times with Dell speakers, and usually only when the phone is about to ring)

I've never seen a mouse cause interference, although I suppose it's possible. What sort of mouse is it? Have you tried using another mouse?

Some questions: What sort of speakers are they? What sort of soundcard are they plugged in to? When did this start happening? What's changed? Were the speakers dropped? Did you install any software or update any drivers? Also - have you tried any other speakers or headphones to see if the problem persists? Or tried hooking up the speakers to any other audio device to check them?

I would disconnect them and clean the speaker jack and port (a wet rag should work fine) and see if that did anything.

It's an unusual problem... I've never heard of Lunar Music Club, but PC speakers are relatively cheap. Perhaps you could just replace them.
    Last edited by wiskic10_4; October 11th, 2009 at 08:56 AM.
    My Corner of the Intarwebz: Jeremy Dean Online

I have Dell GX280
    Sound Card Built-in
    and is placed very near the system.
    but problem is solved by plugging and unplugging the speaker jack
    thankx bro.
    ----=E-criminal=----

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohsin
    but problem is solved by plugging and unplugging the speaker jack
    Check for Audio Control Software installed on the computer, much like windows audio settings but specific for the brand and model you have. They now can detect when a jack is plugged in and modify settings accordingly.... perhaps there is an issue with the detecting or the jack.... ? Disable this setting which probably reads "Detect when speakers/headphones are plugged in? Yes/No"

And check for any software enabled sound effects

CTO
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

Some speakers receive interference from other electrical devices
    Amusingly enough, my speakers pop any time I turn on or off the light switch in the room.

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    Amusingly enough, my speakers pop any time I turn on or off the light switch in the room.
    Sounds more like electrical interference on the circuit not EMI which travels through the air.... perhaps put your computer on an UPS but now that I think about it, aren't the lights on a different circuit to outlet power?

CTO
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein