Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blocked from viewing a forum, can anyone help ?

Blocked from viewing a forum, can anyone help ?

I have recently had my network address blocked from a forum that I was a user of and although I am not so much worried about posting on the forum, I still need to be able to view the forum but I am unable to.

Can anyone suggest a program or a website that I can go to so I can hide my network address ? Any help would be appreciated.

I have recently had my network address blocked
    By that I assume that you mean your internet service provider's address block, or a part of it, has been excluded?

I get that on a fairly regular basis, and I use the UK's largest ISP

Do a Google search for "anonymous proxy" and try them out. They come and go, and sites frequently ban them as well, but if you are patient you will find one that works.

I'm trying to think of any reason someone who was banned from a forum would need to view it.
    If it's an IP range block against your ISP or Country. The message I get is something like:

"Your IP address range has been blocked due to too much spam, bot and script kiddie activity emanating from it"
    Last edited by nihil; August 27th, 2009 at 08:57 AM.

Greetz.

Either google for free proxy's and load up on a usable proxy, or go to HidemyAss and use that.

I really like TOR
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

I really like TOR
    And I can really imagine why

However, the OP does not seem to be wanting that sort of browsing; so I think that a simple proxy solution will suffice

Hmmmmm................

1 line
    4 words
    14 letters of the alphabet
    5 syllables

Merde alors mes amis! ici le nouveaux Voltaire ou Hugot, dans AO?

For those newer members who might not understand:

1. We expect posts to be somewhat relevant.
    2. We expect posts to actually add something to a thread.
    3. We expect posts to be complete and comprehensible.

etc. etc. etc.

Just a subtle hint.................

Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    And I can really imagine why

However, the OP does not seem to be wanting that sort of browsing; so I think that a simple proxy solution will suffice

Hmmmmm................

1 line
    4 words
    14 letters of the alphabet
    5 syllables

Merde alors mes amis! ici le nouveaux Voltaire ou Hugot, dans AO?

For those newer members who might not understand:

1. We expect posts to be somewhat relevant.
    2. We expect posts to actually add something to a thread.
    3. We expect posts to be complete and comprehensible.

etc. etc. etc.

Just a subtle hint.................
    Humm I am fluent in every language on the planet, except Greek.

The OP needs to mask his IP wheather he knows it or not.

http://www.torproject.org/

Whenever someone uses an online translator... Sounds like Greek to me!

Nihil, Buddy - when you were suggested as a global mod, I posted that I thought you a GREAT candidate. Well spoken and knowledgeable.

PLEASE DUDE QUIT - PROVING ME WRONG!
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    Tor is the slowest piece of JUNK ever!

Bypassing perimeter defense or using the anon part of it is cool but gzus its slow!

Edit: I did contribute to the post wink wink
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Not to mention that most TOR proxy servers are quickly detected. And it is simple enough to just ban all the proxies. Most forums even have a plugin to block known proxy servers.

At the same time, the only reason I can think of for the op wanting read-only access to a forum is to stalk someone, so...
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Quote Originally Posted by souleman View Post
    Not to mention that most TOR proxy servers are quickly detected. And it is simple enough to just ban all the proxies. Most forums even have a plugin to block known proxy servers.

At the same time, the only reason I can think of for the op wanting read-only access to a forum is to stalk someone, so...
    Online stalking is like disgusting. It's kind of sad how far some people will go. The worst thing with it is that a lot of girls seem to know little or nothing about when a guy is throwing up warning signs left and right. I have a bunch of teenage cousins, and a lot of female friends, and some of the stuff I've seen personally, turned my stomach on more than one occasion.

I'd even point out like "OK umm right now he's fishing for something, see, he says that and sees if you're going to bite. Like, right now he's saying he think he's not attractive and since you're nice and have been kind to him, he's assuming you'll say no he's not ugly and maybe even say he's attractive, which will feed his ego, and if you ignore it, he'll probably stop talking for a while and be really quite" and then they'd ignore it and sure enough they get quiet, and don't say a word, and then later on "accidentally send a message" or "oh hey, I was going to say hi and just noticed you were on" to make it seem like they WEREN'T watching your screen name for an away message for 4 hours, and they'll try again like "My friend said I was ugly and fat today" with a frown... And most girls bite and say they aren't even when they look like a damn bridge troll who got hit in the face with a tire iron....

I hate havign to explain it over and over again, and I'm rarely wrong about it. I know very well how guys work, I am one, and I know very well when a guy is flirting when a girl is like "Oh we're just friends and he knows I'm taken!" or WORSE...."He's only kidding".... I've heard both so many times I sometimes think I could kick my cousin's in the head and others I know who do this because it's like "Do you not realize I'm trying to keep you safe from stalkers and creepy weird guys who come off as nice?"

You know the type, they come off so nice you think they're gay at first because of how they talk, and they're a little older, and slowly but surely they take a few risks to see if you'll bite, and from there it's basically only a matter of time. They may even try tricking you into saying where you live which happened recently.... I was sitting near a certain someone who was talking to a "friend" who is "just a friend" and getting pretty much enraged at how damn dense this person could be who is normally very smart.

I couldn't believe how much they would just blow off as "They're just a friend they aren't serious and they know I'm taken and they aren't like that" and slowly but surely I started pointing out to this person not only when he was fishing but the bait he was using.

They asked where they had to go, and what it was near, in of course, the "I'm just a concerned friend" BS we've all heard. They bit, and told them. I was like so now they know from pics how to look, and now they know where the areas around here are, so now they could track us down... Why be so damn gullible ?

I would watch and sure enough, they FINALLY saw the light. I showed them what the person had said, and then I said "They're fishing" this is of course a guy who's 35 years old asking things and being nice and even concerned, and I said "OK they're fishing, the bait is them right now asking how "well don't we have a lot in common?" and of course the reply may well be sure, and when that's said they'll go for this"... I was right.

Thankfully, they didn't bite. And I said, "OK you've ignored it, and now, I bet they'll be REALLY quiet now! and not even talk to You"...Again I was right. A few hours later, the line was back in the water..... It's so disgusting how damn gullible some girls really are with this.

I had enough... I keep an account around that says I'm a 15 year old girl, and another saying I'm 17 for the above 30 guys worried about too young of a girl. A few messages just saying hi and I think I know you from whatever, and how are you.... An hour after they're "concerned" about ME TOO.... And an hour later than that and pic swapping starts. My one Cousin is 18 19 but looks REALLY young for her age. She also knows I'm someone who defends family and friends from certain types of people. So anyway, after just 2 hours, a 35 year old male, thinking he's talking to a 17 year old girl, wants to not only see me naked, he wants to meet me.

And the things he wants to do.... Are sick. I'm glad I'm good at this, and I sleep good at night sometimes knowing how many of these guys have gotten pics.exe and wondered what the hell happened to their machines. Of course, not picking up young girls is what happened. I don't care if that makes me sound like a jerk. Not one of you with a Wife, Kids, or younger female family, wouldn't be cheering me on if you saw what they said.

Banned
    I've seen someone here type out that I looked like Orlando Bloom once but then I remembered Lord of the Rings and things began to make alot more sense. Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck...