Thread: Kensington expert trackball or slimblade trackball

Kensington expert trackball or slimblade trackball

Hi people,

I'm wondering if anyone has any idea which one is better. The slimblade is a little bit more expensive and it doesn't have the ring around the ball for scrolling.
    The reason I ask is that there has been debates around these two. Many comments I read indicated the old expert one is better than slimblade...

So I'm wondering. Please help.
    Thanks

I have only used a slimbade for a few minutes but would say it is probably a bit more precise that the old "Expert Mouse".

The slimblade is certainly newer technology (twin laser etc.) but I would probably go for the expert because it is more like what I am used to.

If I was going to do a significant amount of gaming then the slimblade would be my choice, and I would just have to learn how to use it. Not that a trackball would be my first choice HID for gaming anyway.

It's all a personal choice thing, so if you haven't gotten into the habit of using a particular type then I would opt for the latest technology.

Sorry I can't be more positive, but like a lot of things there is no "best" as such, just what is best for the individual concerned.

Nihil at the time I read your message I had already bought an Expert mouse from eBay.

Now as you probably know, there are three tiny red balls on which the big black ball rotates. When I got it, I noticed one of these tiny balls was missing (and it wasn't written in the descriptions when I bit for it and blahblahblah.....)

Anyways, can you think of something I can use instead of this missing ball? Like do you know what it is made of or how big it exactly is? I guess it's about 1 or 2mm but not quite sure...Actually the trackball works but not as smooth as I expect in some directions and I was thinking about using a little bit of lubrication but just wondering about any replacement for this tiny balls?

I contacted the Kensington guys and they don't provide me with such a thing but I think because of the guarantee or something they will take care of my problem but I just feel bad to throw it away so yea please let me know if you have any idea....

PS. considering this and my last PC experience I guess I will never ever buy a second handed electric stuff from eBay to save some bucks....never...

Hmmmm.................?

We need to know the diameter of the beads that the ball floats on. I would guess .177 or .22 inch..........like airgun/BB pellets.

I would take one of the balls to my local huntin, fishin, and shootin suppliers......they should be able to tell you the gauge of shotgun pellet or fishing weight?

Do you know anyone with a pair of external diameter calipers?..........they look a bit like a monkey wrench, and measure rather than manipulate.

Otherwise craft shops or ladies haberdashers........you are looking for beads of the same diameter..........it doesn't matter about the hole

Toyshops sell softair BB sized plastic pellets........... or you can usually find them on the sidewalk?.........saves having to mug a local kid?

Somehow I don't think that Kensington had the beads made to a custom size???

Good luck!